cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid Video In with Linux

kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Hello,

I need to use a Vybrid processor with a PAL analog camera with the Composite interface. First of all, I would be glad for some HW reference design. But mainly I need to know what is the state of required Linux drivers, as that might apparently be a problem according to other posts on this community. The Roadmap from Timesys Linux Roadmap for Vybrid 2014 seems to be outdated. Can someone, perhaps timesyssupport, please provide some up-to-date information on analog video input support in Timesys Linux and Yocto project for the Vybrid processors?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Petr,

Please, take a look at the below Community threads with relevant information:

1. VADC on VF6xx
  2. VADC configuration
  3. Re: Composite VADC?

The development platform with VADC inputs mentioned is the Vybrid Automotive board, which, unlike the Tower module widely offered, is only provided with the Marketing Department's approval.

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos

kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Dear Naoum,

Thank you for your reply. I read all the threads, here are my notes:

1. Potentially helpful thread, but the attached SW is bareboard. I need to use Linux on A5, and need that to be ready-to-use, as there are quite critical time constraints on my project. So I would still appreciate someone's notes on the state of the Linux VADC drivers.
  2. Access forbidden :-/ Is there a way to gain access to the link?
  3. The schematics is perfect, thank you!

Petr

0 Kudos

naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Petr,

I missed the point that the second Community thread is from the space for the Freescale FAEs only, but there is no Linux driver in it either, just some additional settings, which, I thought, might be useful for your application (or not...).

The point with a Linux VADC driver is that the only development platform of ours (but not necessarily of our "board partners") with analog video inputs is the above-mentioned Vybrid Automotive board, whose code is not Linux-based; thus, I am afraid we do not have it - maybe timesyssupport...

BTW, in general, our policy for Vybrid is that boards based on it do not have Linux support (unlike for other processors).

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you comment about this case?

0 Kudos

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello kubiznak.petr and karinavalencia,

As naoumgitnik mentions, there is no Linux VADC driver for the Vybrid Tower; currently the only Vybrid VADC driver we are aware of is for Vybrid Automotive parts, and not Linux supported. If you require engineering assistance to develop a VADC driver, please contact us to discuss engineering engagement.

Thank you,

Timesys Support