Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VADC on VF6xx

Jump to solution
antonioboi
Contributor II

Hello,
I'm trying to use the module VADC of Vybrid intending to capture some video PAL frames.

Here are the test conditions:
- I used the Vybrid Reference Manual Rev. 5, 07/2013 to configure all the registers
- Toradex Module VF61 with a MVF61NS151CMK50 chip
- 4 Input VADC discoupled with 47nF e 75ohm to ground signal
- A standard PAL signal on each input channel originated from a SONY videocamera

Modules configuration:

- PLL6 configured to 1064 MHz according to the 9-3 RM table
- PLL6 divided by 2 through the CCM_CACRR[PLL6_DIV_CLOCK] register
- PLL6 configured as a source of the VADC through the CCM_CSCMR1[VADC_CLK_SEL]register
- Clock of the VADC divided by 4 through the CCM_CSCDR1[VADC_DIV] register to obtain 133MHz
- Chosen VCAFE_VIN_0 through the AFE_INPFLT[mux_enlf] register
- Set pull-down VCAFE_VIN_1, VCAFE_VIN_2, VCAFE_VIN_3 through the AFE_OFFDRV[input_pulldown_en] register
- Enabled the clock to VADC through the CCM_CSCDR1[VADC_EN] register
- Introduced a 500ms delay

Reading the  VDEC_VIDMOD[PAL detected] register I always obtain a 0 value: unrecognized PAL .
Furthermore I read the VDEC_VIDMOD[m625] register always active, with or without input signal.

So, why is the VDEC_VIDMOD[PAL detected] register always null, nevertheless I connected a signal?
Is it necessary to configure some other register (AFE or VDEC) so that the VADC system could recognize the PAL standard?

Greetings
Antonio Boi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Antonio,

Please, take a look at the attached simplified test code pieces - most likely they contain all the settings you are looking for.

I am not a SW person, but below is a comment of how to use the attached code (again, not sure how relevant it i but still...):

I placed your code into my project, but it could not build. However, I removed Boot directly and changed build option to "Debug". Then I could build without errors.

I will download this project and run it.”

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Antonio,

Please, take a look at the attached simplified test code pieces - most likely they contain all the settings you are looking for.

I am not a SW person, but below is a comment of how to use the attached code (again, not sure how relevant it i but still...):

I placed your code into my project, but it could not build. However, I removed Boot directly and changed build option to "Debug". Then I could build without errors.

I will download this project and run it.”

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
antonioboi
Contributor II

Thanks a lot Naoum,

I will try to use the code that you shared as a starting point to test the module VADC.

Regards, Antonio Boi

0 Kudos
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear timesyssupport,

May you refer Antonio to the code used on the Vybrid Automotive board - the one that also has 4 video inputs, please?

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not have code for the Vybrid Automotive or the Toradex board for a VADC driver in Linux. I also checked MQX, and found related code at mqx/source/io/lwadc/, but I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos