cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid USB OTG ID

Jump to solution
CraigL
Contributor I

Could anyone designing with the Vybrid family of processors tell me if there is any hardware mechanism for setting/clearing the USB ID bit in the USBx_OTGSC register using an externally accessible signal?  I have not been able to find any reference to an OTG ID pin in the preliminary documentation.

If there isn't any mechanism, why is this bit here? How is it used?  How do you inform the processor of the presence of an A or B type device?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
richard_stulens
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Craig,

I believe the documentation says that the USB controller is not a full OTG controller. It is dual role and can be used either as peripheral controller or as Host controller.

The ID bit is present in the OTGSC register because the controller IP does support full OTG functionality. It is just not implemented in Vybrid. Considder this a documentation issue. I'll mark it for correction in the next revision of the manual.

If your application does need to know whether an A- or B-type plug is inserted, you can use a GPIO imput with a pull-up resistor to determine the state of the connector's ID pin and configure the controller accordingly.

Best regards,

Richard

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
richard_stulens
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Craig,

I believe the documentation says that the USB controller is not a full OTG controller. It is dual role and can be used either as peripheral controller or as Host controller.

The ID bit is present in the OTGSC register because the controller IP does support full OTG functionality. It is just not implemented in Vybrid. Considder this a documentation issue. I'll mark it for correction in the next revision of the manual.

If your application does need to know whether an A- or B-type plug is inserted, you can use a GPIO imput with a pull-up resistor to determine the state of the connector's ID pin and configure the controller accordingly.

Best regards,

Richard

0 Kudos