Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAT current consumption

Jump to solution
Kubiznak
Contributor II

Hi,

when connected to battery (3V), we measured >4mA current to the VBAT pin. Tested on both a custom board and the Vybrid MCU alone (PVF61GS151CMK50 TEST REV C3 1N02G). This is not what is declared in official materials (5-45 uA). Also some additional processor pins were under voltage (e.g. PTE12, PTE15, PTE18, PTE20, PTE23, PTE24, also some PTAx, PTCx, PTDx, ...).

We also have problems with booting the custom board (based on http://www.sqm4.com/sqm4-vf6-vybrid-module) from SDHC when connected to battery. It did not start the bootloader, no matter what kind of (u-boot, MQX bootloader).

Can you please comment the consumption? Does anybody have an idea how to fix the boot?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karina,

I already talked to this customer using telephone - we are in touch almost every week.
Anyway, the Vybrid designer confirmed the bug on the chip. It should be easily fixed in next revision. Schematic of VBAT remains the same. I will inform you about dates.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karina,

I already talked to this customer using telephone - we are in touch almost every week.
Anyway, the Vybrid designer confirmed the bug on the chip. It should be easily fixed in next revision. Schematic of VBAT remains the same. I will inform you about dates.

0 Kudos
peterlischer
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

Has this the problem of the high RTC power consumption been solved in the silicon revision 2N02G? Could you please confirm, I did not see anything in the errata documents.

We observed that the 1N02G version of the chips do have sometimes a quite high current consumption. Since it not easy to reproduce the error, we would like to be sure that the issue has been solved in the current 2N02G version.

Thank you in advance, Peter.

0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

yes, the issue with VBAT current was fixed in rev.2 (2N02G)

/Jiri

0 Kudos