cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peripheral Software Libraries for Vybrid Processors - using TWR-VF65GS10

harshadlele
Contributor II

Hi All,

I have just started using Vybrid controller and quit new to Asymmetric Multiprocessor environment. I am looking for some sample examples or some sample code from which I can have basic idea about how should I go ahead.

Are there any software libraries/peripheral libraries available? I am using TWR-VF65GS10 board.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Harshad,

For Vybrid I recommend you to use  Linux for Cortex A and  MQX fro Cortex M instead of trying to use the device bareboard, if you are planning to use both  processor in the asymetric way.  And we recommend this way since you are going to have in Linux the complete drivers for the peripherals of the  Device including a driver for make a call to the other OS ( MQX running in the M4)  so you can have the M4 processing the small peripherals lets said GPIOs, Timers, etc and  do the real processing with the big Processor.

You can download the BSPs from the following page:

Vybrid VF6xx Tower System Kit with ARM DS-5|NXP

But if you instead want to use the device in a bareboard project, then you can use the Processor Expert tool you can download it here:

VF6xx MPUs with ARM Cortex-A5/M4 Core|Vybrid|NXP

THis tool allows you to have like an SDK for the Processor in a graphical way.

harshadlele
Contributor II

Hi James,

Thanks a lot replying.

I will try to use Linux for A5 and MQX for M4.

However, I have one more doubt. This might be a naive question but just want to clarify.

Can I develop software for TWR-VF65GS10  using Windows OS or I mush user Linux OS.

I am using ARM DS-5 (Installed on Windows).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Harshad.

0 Kudos