cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP Community - lack of support from NXP

vojtechhavlicek
Contributor III

Hi,

I am little bit disappointed by this site. This site lacks clarity and support from the NXP - everywhere on the forum are the questions which should be answered from the NXP experts (bugs in MCUs, non-standard behaviour of some peripherals), and there is only few peoples from NXP, who are active. Just try to take a look at the Eagle Autodesk forum and you should have an idea how it should works.

9 Replies

gabriel_h
Contributor V

I will try to be an advocate of the devil.

RTFM, if addressed with exact page and article - is not an insult. You don't expect from the support person to copy/paste the whole article.

0 Kudos

vojtechhavlicek
Contributor III

Some questions can be answered be this type of answer but this type of answers are too much frequented. I think that NXP doesn´t see importance of community and support. Just try to compare study and support resources (NXP and Freescale), almost everything is from Freescale. Why would you work with NXP? Try to look at STM, so much videos etc, but the starting step has to be done by NXP. This is kind of new marketing strategy - big community but with lack of support it´s impossible. Some time ago there was an interview with Matt Berggren (director in Autodesk for Eagle development). He said that they chose to buy Eagle because of big community around the product that there is whole bunch of ppls which are able to create great EDA product but community is the most valuable thing.

In the end I don´t think that NXP is bad company but there is only lack of support/resources which would move whole division of MCUs forward. Hope NXP finds out this fact.

EmbEng
Contributor III

That's right, I have asked five questions on this forum yet, out of which two questions are not even answered. I got satisfactory response to only one question. Remaining questions were left hanging in middle of discussion without any outcome.

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

I also agree with Vojtech. Using the NXP support forum has been an extremely frustrating experience and it is rare that one gets a straight or complete answer.  I am also regularly insulted with the all too common RTFM (read the %^* manual) responses.  I can appreciate that NXP support, as relative experts in MCUXpresso and NXP products, can get frustrated when customers ask these sort of questions over and over but please try to understand that the issue is not stupidity, laziness or illiteracy on the part of the customer.  The issue is the staggering volume of information available and establishing a context within all of that information, especially when new to the NXP product family.  In the case of the RT105x for example, the user manual alone is over 3500 pages, the various mfgtool documentation is over 200, the j-link documentation about 250-300 pages,  the MCUXpresso documentation in the 100s, etc. etc.

Overall I feel that the NXP forums are notably hostile toward developers compared to say ST, Microchip, Atmel etc.  NXP would be wise to follow the lead of these companies when it comes to developer relations.

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

Agreed - I find the RTFM reply rather irksome especially when the FM is at fault. Pointing out errors in the manual usually gets the NFI response from NXP! (N="not", I="interested" and F is the same F as in RTFM)

johnneser
Contributor II

I agree with Vojtech

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

Really, Diana? So how does one get a question answered by NXP's design engineers?

cesarprovidenti
Contributor I

Precisely. The original comment said nothing about the forum being "bad" or "frustrating." Only that it lacks the support from NXP promised in the document that Diana posted.

0 Kudos

dianatorres
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi vojtechhavlicek

I am sorry to hear that you are having a bad experience in this community, however, you must know that the goal of the NXP Community is to give you access to embedded design engineers, as well as tools for communication, collaboration, content creation and sharing, all geared to help you move through the design process quickly and efficiently. You can share design ideas and tips, ask and answer technical questions, and receive input on just about any embedded design topic.

Please use the case system procedure only if you have questions or issues which cannot be publicly shared on Community.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745

Best Regards, 

Diana