cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entry Point in Guest Operating System

kshah
Contributor I

Hello Team,

I have deployed Embedded Hypervisor (Topaz) on T1040RDB. 

What is exact point after which hypervisor will pass control to the Guest OS? Is it immediate after setting up boot IMA? and how does entry point of the Guest OS is transferred?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A partition is started after creating the environment as specified here:

https://freescale.sdlproducts.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/QorIQ_SDK/GUID-E858BE32-9801-4A3C-BFFA-A...

This happens automatically when Hypervisor boots or after an FH_PARTITION_START hypercall, depending on the configuration and current state.

For low-level details, see Hypervisor source, guest_start() function defined in
src/guest.c

A guest virtual CPU receives control by emulating a reset. The  virtual CPU state
at startup is specified here:

https://freescale.sdlproducts.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/QorIQ_SDK/GUID-59DFE9B7-0486-4E0D-9034-D...

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kshah
Contributor I

Hello Team,

Thanks for the reply.

start_guest_primary_noload(trapframe_t *regs, void *arg) function is getting called from the start_guest_primary function in the src/guest.c file and as you said this function sets virtual CPU state.

But I am not getting any function call using which control is transferred to the guest virtual CPU in the code. Can you please explore some more detail on that?

I have attached guest.c file here. It will be great help if you highlight the function using which control is transferred to the guest virtual CPU in the code.

Thanks.

0 Kudos