Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior License's ownership transfer

Jump to solution
nicolasdalstein
Contributor I

Hi,

One of my customer is asking me to buy a CodeWarrior® Development Studio for HCS12(X) Microcontrollers (Classic IDE) v5.2 floating license for him.

I represent a company, so if I buy a license, it will be own by my company.

Is it possible to transfer license ownership from one company to another ?

If yes, how to do it ?

Thank you for your answer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
prakashram72
Contributor III

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to transfer a CodeWarrior license from one company to another. The process is straightforward but it involves a few steps.

Firstly, the original owner of the license (your company) needs to submit a written request to NXP stating the intention to transfer the license. This request should include the license number, the name of the new owner (the customer's company), and the reason for the transfer.

Once NXP receives this request, they will review it and if approved, they will initiate the transfer process. The new owner will then receive an email with instructions on how to accept the license transfer.

Please note that the transfer of a license is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (EULA). I recommend reviewing the EULA before initiating the transfer process.

You can find more information about the license transfer process in the CodeWarrior for MCU Knowledge Base.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
nicolasdalstein
Contributor I

Thanks for answer.

0 Kudos
prakashram72
Contributor III

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to transfer a CodeWarrior license from one company to another. The process is straightforward but it involves a few steps.

Firstly, the original owner of the license (your company) needs to submit a written request to NXP stating the intention to transfer the license. This request should include the license number, the name of the new owner (the customer's company), and the reason for the transfer.

Once NXP receives this request, they will review it and if approved, they will initiate the transfer process. The new owner will then receive an email with instructions on how to accept the license transfer.

Please note that the transfer of a license is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (EULA). I recommend reviewing the EULA before initiating the transfer process.

You can find more information about the license transfer process in the CodeWarrior for MCU Knowledge Base.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

nicolasdalstein
Contributor I
Thanks for answer.
0 Kudos