Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior for MPC5xx IDE installation

Jump to solution
zhaoqinsu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When I install the CodeWarrior 8.7, a warning appears as shown in the attachment image. How do i choose? How can this software be registered? If the license expired, and how to do it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you possibly try to experiment with windows compatibility mode?

pastedImage_3.png

Anyway I'm afraid if it does not help my only recommendation is to install this old version into a Win XP 32 bit virtual machine (VirtualBox, VM Ware, Virtual PC...)

Stan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

this is pretty old version of CodeWarrior for MPC5xx v8.7.

This version has never been tested on Windows 7+ therefore you might face problems when trying to install it.

You might experiment with both options to figure out which one leads to complete installation.

Note:

If you debug using PEMicro P&E probe you can try to install updated drivers that should supports Windows 7, 8, 10 

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53 

The evaluation license is included in evaluation edition installer:

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=CWX-MPC-5XX-EX 

You can access it via your nxp.com account:

pastedImage_3.png

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos
zhaoqinsu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sliva ,

I can give you  one picture of my installing Codewarrior when it comes error ,Can you give me some advice installing Codewarrior?Untitled.png

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you possibly try to experiment with windows compatibility mode?

pastedImage_3.png

Anyway I'm afraid if it does not help my only recommendation is to install this old version into a Win XP 32 bit virtual machine (VirtualBox, VM Ware, Virtual PC...)

Stan

zhaoqinsu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for your help ,Codewarrior works well now . But it can't open suffix ".mcp " project .Have you ever met this situation?

picture2.png

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Could you make sure the project you are trying to open is indeed intended for the version of CW for MPC5xx ?

S32K14x sounds to me like an arm based rather then MPC5xx.

S.

zhaoqinsu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes , it is indeed intended for the version of CW for MPC5xx.

The  project has run on other guys' Codewarrior.

Important to note, we are using the exact same versions of codewarrior and I am able to open and work with other codewarrior projects

0 Kudos