cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

powering FXTH870xD sensor

Jump to solution
VictorOsipov
Contributor I

what the best solution to power FXTH870xD sensor from battary?

is it possible to use CR2032 and get life > 1year ?

PS: Sensor used without RF transmitter.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Victor,

The choice of the battery has to be made taking into account several parameters like capacity, maximum current peak supported and temperature operating range.

Regarding the capacity, it is common in TPMS applications to use a 120mAh battery and achieve 10 years of battery life. It depends on the wakeup period i.e. the period at which the measurements and RF transmissions are performed.

If you create a standard ticket, I can share with you an Excel file that helps to estimate the power consumption.

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Victor,

The choice of the battery has to be made taking into account several parameters like capacity, maximum current peak supported and temperature operating range.

Regarding the capacity, it is common in TPMS applications to use a 120mAh battery and achieve 10 years of battery life. It depends on the wakeup period i.e. the period at which the measurements and RF transmissions are performed.

If you create a standard ticket, I can share with you an Excel file that helps to estimate the power consumption.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
VictorOsipov
Contributor I

case 00****84 created, if it is possible - please answer in suitable time with attached document...

thanks!

0 Kudos