Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-compass streaming test

Jump to solution
brucezhou
Contributor I

Hi Sir, 

I have a question for the e-compass of my smart watches.

In factory, we have e-compass streaming test, could you give more explaination for this test ?

also in user mode, we can calibrate the e-compass via "8", how does it happen ?

Besides this, what does "low accuracy" and “high accuracy" mean ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bruce,

Generally speaking, if you rotate a 3-axis magnetometer in 3D space slowly with Figure-8 motions, you can collect a lot of data points of [Bx, By, Bz]. If you plotted these data points in 3D you would find out that these data points form a sphere or an ellipsoid with the center shifted from the origin [0, 0, 0]. Then the offset would be [x0, y0, z0] so that you can subtract it to each data point and future data points so that the sphere or ellipsoid is centered at origin.

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
brucezhou
Contributor I
Thanks for the info, then after this, which means we did a calibration.
By the way, for the e-compass streaming test, could you give some explanation ?

"Record 20 test data.  Check one of axis test data with 5 times, there's no changes with test data value--> Fail  
There's test data value changes--> Pass"

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bruce,

Generally speaking, if you rotate a 3-axis magnetometer in 3D space slowly with Figure-8 motions, you can collect a lot of data points of [Bx, By, Bz]. If you plotted these data points in 3D you would find out that these data points form a sphere or an ellipsoid with the center shifted from the origin [0, 0, 0]. Then the offset would be [x0, y0, z0] so that you can subtract it to each data point and future data points so that the sphere or ellipsoid is centered at origin.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
brucezhou
Contributor I

Hi Sir, 

Thanks for the explaination of the "8" motion.

Could you explain something for self-test and stream test ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos