Small Range Radar Sensor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Range Radar Sensor

colinjames
Contributor I

Looking to build a small range radar system, on the order of 0.5-20 meters.  Is there a radar transceiver you offer that would be good for this?  We will be using an STM32 Microcontroller or something similar.  Would also prefer not to have to design our own antenna .  Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Colin James,

Freescale does have a 77 GHz Radar Transceiver Chipset named MR2001.

Freescale’s MR2001 is a high-performance 77 GHz radar transceiver chipset scalable for multi-channel operation enabling a single radar platform with electronic beam steering and wide field-of-view to support long range, mid-range, and short-range radar applications across automotive safety, communications infrastructure, and industrial systems.

You can see a video of a demo that includes the MR2001 radar (used with a Qorivva MPC577xK MCU for ADAS Application) in the following link: https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-101495

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

frederickbotha
Contributor I

I explored the information about the MPC577xK microcontroller and the MR2001 chipset on Freescale's website, but I cannot find documentation regarding the acquisition of the products. I am able to access a link to a distributor for the MR2001 receive and transmit chips. However, there is no information for buying the VCO and the MCU.

Are these products available at this stage, and if so where can I find further details about procurement options?

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Frederick Botha,

Both devices (MPC577xK MCU and MR2001 VCO) still under preproduction, so the availability could be limited. For additional information and sample availability, contact your local Freescale Sales Representative or Freescale Authorized Distributor.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos