cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting S12 MCU

Jump to solution
sam33
Contributor I

Hi, I am going to start MM912J637, which embed S12 MCU. It says BDM is the way for programming. Could you recommend tools for primitive and testing purpose for a starter? I guess, at least, I need an assembler(software) and programmer (hardware between PC to MCU),

Thanks for all answer!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sam,

The easiest way to start with the MM912J637 is using the KIT912J637EVME.

This kit uses the TBDML interface that eliminates the need to connect external devices such as a P&E USB BDM Multilink to the EVB when programming/debugging is needed.

The kit also comes with a basic software example that initializes the MM912J637 and provides a framework for evaluation. You will need to install the CodeWarrior Development Studio for Freescale HCS12(X) Microcontrollers on your PC to work with this example and download it to the MM912J637 using the TBDML.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sam,

The easiest way to start with the MM912J637 is using the KIT912J637EVME.

This kit uses the TBDML interface that eliminates the need to connect external devices such as a P&E USB BDM Multilink to the EVB when programming/debugging is needed.

The kit also comes with a basic software example that initializes the MM912J637 and provides a framework for evaluation. You will need to install the CodeWarrior Development Studio for Freescale HCS12(X) Microcontrollers on your PC to work with this example and download it to the MM912J637 using the TBDML.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

thaingo
Contributor I

Hi Tomas, I'm a new. I use a sample code to start with kit 912j637 but I don't see TBDML interface in default connection, I've connected kit to computer. Please show me how to solve it. Thank for answer!

Best Regards,

Tahi.

0 Kudos