How to install SensorToolbox software on win7-64 bit?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install SensorToolbox software on win7-64 bit?

Jump to solution
sacchettigiampa
Contributor II

I purchased kit for evaluation MPR121 and will not work with windows 7, the splash of the software SensorToolbox seeking the COM but it does not recognize hardware, FTDI CDM driver version is v2.12.00 WHQL Certified.exe, SensorToolbox rev.4.2.1.19.

Where am I wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sacchetti Giampaolo,

You are not wrong at all, you have the correct versions of the STB GUI and FTDI drivers. It should work fine using WIN7-64bit (I use my KITMPR121EVM on my WIN7 64-bit computer).

We are very sorry to hear about the problems that arose with the use of the KITMPR121EVM.

Just to be sure, what you are seen is that in the bottom part of the GUI window it’s shown the text "Finding HW. Please plug in the board. Scanning port: COMx”, but it does not continue, like it does not recognize the board, right?

If this is the case, then can I ask to turn the board OFF and ON (using the switch or disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable) when the Sensor Toolbox GUI is “finding HW”. I know if could sound silly, but we recently found an issue with the Main Launcher and this “workaround” works most of the times.

If this does not help and if you do not have CodeWarrior and/or BDM programming interface (let me know in case you do so I can send the files to re-program your board), the best thing to do is to return the complete KITMPR121EVM evaluation kit as per standard warranty policy.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sacchetti Giampaolo,

You are not wrong at all, you have the correct versions of the STB GUI and FTDI drivers. It should work fine using WIN7-64bit (I use my KITMPR121EVM on my WIN7 64-bit computer).

We are very sorry to hear about the problems that arose with the use of the KITMPR121EVM.

Just to be sure, what you are seen is that in the bottom part of the GUI window it’s shown the text "Finding HW. Please plug in the board. Scanning port: COMx”, but it does not continue, like it does not recognize the board, right?

If this is the case, then can I ask to turn the board OFF and ON (using the switch or disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable) when the Sensor Toolbox GUI is “finding HW”. I know if could sound silly, but we recently found an issue with the Main Launcher and this “workaround” works most of the times.

If this does not help and if you do not have CodeWarrior and/or BDM programming interface (let me know in case you do so I can send the files to re-program your board), the best thing to do is to return the complete KITMPR121EVM evaluation kit as per standard warranty policy.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
sacchettigiampa
Contributor II

Thank you so much for your answer, it is as you say, I can do firmware upgrade because I have CodeWarrior and BDM programming interface, if you can help me to retrieve the project to solves the bug.

Best regards

Sacchetti Giampaolo

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Find attached the .s19 bootloader file to reprogram the board for the STB Software.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

0 Kudos
sacchettigiampa
Contributor II

SplashIntro.jpgHi Jose Reyes not working, I have done upgrade but this image speaks low downVerify.jpgSenza titolo-1.jpg

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sacchetti Giampaolo,

Then the problem should be with the board, the best thing to do is to return the complete KITMPR121EVM evaluation kit as per standard warranty policy. Sorry for the problem this may cause.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

0 Kudos
daweiyou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

same issue, and couldn't reprogram with multilink and hiwave

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please check community thread KITMPR121EVM Device not connecting to SensorToolbox application for future updates about this problem.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

0 Kudos