cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9DoF sensor selection and sensor fusion algorithms

harshitshah
Contributor III

Hi,

We are working for the component selection of the product which would be used for the vehicle. We would like to get the following details with the NXP 9DoF.

• Vehicle rollover detection for the 9DoF
  • Linear acceleration and skid detection

Please answer the following queries:

1. Which are the list of NXP 9DoF sensors we can use for the above application which has sensor fusion algorithms already tested?
  2. Is the NXP 9DoF sensor require calibration or it is auto-calibrated? 
  3. Can the same algorithms provide will work for the vehicle-based devices? (Or just hand-held devices)
  4. Is NXP providing the algorithm for providing the rollover detection with 9DoF? If not how one can measure the same?
  5. What are different sensor fusion libraries provided by NXP? Is NXP sensor fusion library is portable across platforms other than NXP FreeRTOS(as the previous version of the product is not NXP controller)?

Regards

Harshit.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Reply

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harshit,

First off, I apologize for my late response, I was on vacation last two weeks.

pastedImage_2.png

FXOS8700CQ - 6-axis accelerometer/magnetometer sensor

FXAS21002 - 3-axis gyroscope 

FRDM-STBC-AGM01 - Development board with FXOS8700C and FXAS21002C

2. Initial calibration is required and is done automatically by the fusion software.

3. The sensor fusion software has been written primarily for hand-held devices, but with some modification it should work in vehicle-based devices as well.

4. I am not aware of any rollover detection algorithms provided by NXP. 

5. There is a portability discussion at Portability Topics · memsindustrygroup/Open-Source-Sensor-Fusion Wiki · GitHub 

Best regards,

Tomas