cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High stand-by current on MAG3110

jack_huang
Contributor I

Hi all,

In our production, I found that there are about 10%(50 out of 500) of MAG3110 have high current(about 10 to 15uA) in stand-by mode, other functions are ok. 

it is very appreciate for your help.

Jack

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jack,

How are you measuring this current consumption? Are not there other devices drawing current as well? Could you please share your schematic? is the temperature similar during all your measurements?

Be aware that the current consumption stated in the datasheet applies for VDD=2.4V and has been measured with an amperemeter between 2.4V voltage rail and VDD input only. Also note that we specify typical values only. 

Capture (2).JPG

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

jack_huang
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Sorry, I cannot share the schematic before a NDA has been signed.

Here are how I do the tests:

1) Put MAG3110 and all other chips on the board into stand-by mode, measure the current on the battery terminal, 90% of boards are about 2 to 3uA; only about 10% of boards showing 10 to 20uA. If the current is over 5uA, we say it is a faulty board.

2) Swap MAG3110 chips between a good board and a faulty board, the current readings swap accordingly.

The battery voltage is 3.6V.

About 40k of MAG3110 have been used on our products, this problem is found just recently.

Kind regards,

Jack Huang

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jack,

I assume it will be necessary to perform a detailed analysis by our quality engineers in their lab. Our standard procedure for this is to submit a CQI (Customer Quality Incident) request through a distributor you bought the parts from. 

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos