Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71CH user authentication

Jump to solution
aromanov
Contributor I

Hello everybody,

I've bought A71CH Arduino evaluation kit and it looks like a perfect fit for my IOT needs.

Only missing thing is that for certain use cases I want to protect private keys with PIN or password.

Looking through documentation and samples source code, I could not find any such example.

Is such use case supported?

Or should I use another device, such as A700X, which is used in smartcards and certainly support PIN/PUK authentication?

Best regards,

A. Romanov

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrey,

On A71CH access to the keys (access means here usage, you anyway cannot read the keys) can be protected only by SCP03, while on SE050 you can use the different types of SCP + also PIN protection. Please refer to EdgeLock™ SE050: Plug & Trust Secure Element Family – Enhanced IoT security with maximum flexibility... for more details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrey,

On A71CH access to the keys (access means here usage, you anyway cannot read the keys) can be protected only by SCP03, while on SE050 you can use the different types of SCP + also PIN protection. Please refer to EdgeLock™ SE050: Plug & Trust Secure Element Family – Enhanced IoT security with maximum flexibility... for more details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

aromanov
Contributor I

Thank you very much Kan Li.

0 Kudos