cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS26 Safety manual verify OTP bits

Jump to solution
oskarjohansson
Contributor I

I'm going through the safety manual for FS26 and multiply "System Integration Requirement" that's about verifying the OTP bits. I have a predefined OTP configuration that are stated in the product datasheet ch. 25. 

Is it possible to read out the OTP registers over SPI like the main/fs registers or should you read the M_PROGID register and compare to the predefined OTP configuration name?

Best regards,

Oskar

0 Kudos
1 Solution
r40959
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Oskar,

hoping it can help:

For most of these SIR about OTP check, they are referring to the OTP creation process when a customer is building its own OTP creation, discussing back and forth with NXP through FAE. Once a device is programmed, OTP bits can only be read thanks to our GUI and the mirror registers not through SPI commands. The register M_PROGID can give you the OTP ID but not the details of the configuration itself. Anyway, since you’re using one of our standard OTP/part number, you are not concerned by these SIR from the safety manual.

Best regards

Valerie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
r40959
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Oskar,

hoping it can help:

For most of these SIR about OTP check, they are referring to the OTP creation process when a customer is building its own OTP creation, discussing back and forth with NXP through FAE. Once a device is programmed, OTP bits can only be read thanks to our GUI and the mirror registers not through SPI commands. The register M_PROGID can give you the OTP ID but not the details of the configuration itself. Anyway, since you’re using one of our standard OTP/part number, you are not concerned by these SIR from the safety manual.

Best regards

Valerie

0 Kudos