Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UJA1166ATK wake up problem

Jump to solution
gkhan123
Contributor II

Hi,

I use UJA1166ATK sbc with mcu S32K118. VIO pin connect with V1(5VDC). Not externally supply.

On power up, UJA1166ATK is in sleep mode because VIO is under the threshold voltage value.

I try to do local wake up from WAKE pin. I apply a high to low signal to "wake" pin. UJA1166ATK is still in sleep mode.

If I try to apply a remote wake up from canbus, i don't know uja1166a work in normal or standby mode and produce V1. I don't know my design is correct or not. 

Should I supply VIO externally ? 

For solve this problem, 

Should I apply a remote wake up from canbus ?

Should I supply VIO externally ?

Should I change the UJA1166ATK with UJA1163ATK ? (uja1163 doesn't have a VIO pin.)

Thanks.

uja1166atk circuitryuja1166atk circuitry

0 Kudos
1 Solution
gkhan123
Contributor II

Thanks for answer.

I observe the inh pin and i see that when the v1 is not produced, inh pin is in vbat level and stay this level for about 200ms. Then inh pin is about gnd level. VIO and SLPN pin are at gnd level in this process because of not producing V1 (the VIO and SLPN is directly connect with V1). 

Then i try to apply local wake up. The inh pin signal level changes from gnd to vbat. After stay vbat level for 200ms, the inh pin is at gnd level again. 

I think VIO and SLPN pins supply from external source not from V1.

Thanks again.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gkhan123
Contributor II

Thanks for answer.

I observe the inh pin and i see that when the v1 is not produced, inh pin is in vbat level and stay this level for about 200ms. Then inh pin is about gnd level. VIO and SLPN pin are at gnd level in this process because of not producing V1 (the VIO and SLPN is directly connect with V1). 

Then i try to apply local wake up. The inh pin signal level changes from gnd to vbat. After stay vbat level for 200ms, the inh pin is at gnd level again. 

I think VIO and SLPN pins supply from external source not from V1.

Thanks again.  

0 Kudos
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I hope all is great with you.

We can review this issue at the following post:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Other-NXP-Products/UJA1166ATK-wake-up-problem/td-p/1636229

Regards,

David

0 Kudos