cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The reason for S32K118 lockup

Jump to solution
L2250
Contributor I

The reality is that the reset pin is pulled down in about 820us period,and the high level continuous 700us. Probably the MCU is locked,and what is the cause for this phenomenon of lockup except for flash programming errors. similar to external circuit damage or hardware failure ?The program of software is correct.

Because I need to keep this fault, I didn't trigger mass erase .

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Regarding Core Lockup, please read https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dui0662/b/The-Cortex-M0--Processor/Fault-handling/Lockup

Please make sure the MCU is not powered via an IO pin. Refer to the section "5 Common problems" of AN12130Applying voltages to I/O pins when the processor is not powered. If the pin’s voltage level electrical specifications are violated, the processor can attempt a partial power up and/or puts the flash into an undefined state. This can lead to corruption of flash contents, corruption of flash control logic, or corruption of device configuration and trim values which in turn can lead to the processor reporting as secured (locked device) or failure of the processor to respond to and complete flash commands.

Regarding hardware, please refer to AN5426 Hardware Design Guidelines for S32K1xx Microcontrollers

Considering that you can read Chinese, please refer to S32K1xx系列MCU应用指南之芯片锁死(lockup)复位原因分析与恢复方法详解

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Regarding Core Lockup, please read https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dui0662/b/The-Cortex-M0--Processor/Fault-handling/Lockup

Please make sure the MCU is not powered via an IO pin. Refer to the section "5 Common problems" of AN12130Applying voltages to I/O pins when the processor is not powered. If the pin’s voltage level electrical specifications are violated, the processor can attempt a partial power up and/or puts the flash into an undefined state. This can lead to corruption of flash contents, corruption of flash control logic, or corruption of device configuration and trim values which in turn can lead to the processor reporting as secured (locked device) or failure of the processor to respond to and complete flash commands.

Regarding hardware, please refer to AN5426 Hardware Design Guidelines for S32K1xx Microcontrollers

Considering that you can read Chinese, please refer to S32K1xx系列MCU应用指南之芯片锁死(lockup)复位原因分析与恢复方法详解

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
L2250
Contributor I
Thanks for help !
A stable recurrent fault is that disconnecting physical layer when flash program through SWD;Basically, it can be determined that it was a programming error.
0 Kudos