Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K358 debug multicore with TRACE32

Jump to solution
sobo
Contributor III

Hello, 

I'm using the S32K358 with RTD 3.0.0.

I was able to start the CM7-2 using the IVT table ( add CM7_2_ENABLE define to update the boot header section i startup_cm7.s ), I can debug using TRACE32, the two core runs.

But when i'm not using the IVT table (CM7_2_ENABLE  not define) I'm not able to debug/ start the SW In fact TRACE32 give me a warning after download : Warning C0:1 Core unexpectedly in running state

I used the same trace32 script for the two test.

Sophie 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

OK, thank you for explanation.

I expect that issue is in cmm script. Since it is expecting core 1 to be active via IVT right out of reset.

But your is not. Please try to modify the cmm script by removing the core 1 dependencies.

Also if that does not help, please get in touch with Lauterbach support as you most probably will need different script for this case. I do not see this as issue lined to micro.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

From your description it seems strange. But I am not able to tell, as I did not seen script, nor tried it.

But when i'm not using the IVT table (CM7_2_ENABLE not define) I'm not able to debug/ start the SW In fact TRACE32 give me a warning after download : Warning C0:1 Core unexpectedly in running state

I am bit confused here. So you didnt used IVT at all or just didnt enabled core2 in IVT?

petervlna_0-1707897845717.png

Your warning looks liked to the script and it says that core0 is running. I feel like you do not have set IVT properly in second case and there is missing address or something essential.

Please double check it.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
sobo
Contributor III

Hello @petervlna 

So yes I used IVT just don't enable core2.

I'm not able to send you Screenshot right now. but i attach the script i used.

step:

1.  download the sw.
  2. An error message on TRACE32 => just after  SYStem.Down / SYStem.Up Warning C0:1 Core unexpectedly in running state

In the windows Core.list I see core 0 and 1 that correspond to CM7-0 et CM7-2. and Core 1 is in running state just after System.up . So i think it why TRACE32 complains.

I don"t understand why the core is running and how to manage to connect to core 2 in this case.

Like I said if the core 2 is enable in the IVT table, TRACE32 is able to "connect" to the core 2 without problem.

Sophie

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

OK, thank you for explanation.

I expect that issue is in cmm script. Since it is expecting core 1 to be active via IVT right out of reset.

But your is not. Please try to modify the cmm script by removing the core 1 dependencies.

Also if that does not help, please get in touch with Lauterbach support as you most probably will need different script for this case. I do not see this as issue lined to micro.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos