cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 CAN Remote request frames repeat sending all the time

paulzhou
Contributor II

Dear Sir 

Use S32K144 SDK,S32K144 CAN moudle send standard frames and extended frames is No problem

But when S32K144 CAN send Remote request frames , it's repeat sending all the time.

Relative to the standard frame / extended frame, What's needs special attention for set S32K144 CAN remote frame?

Do you have demo code for S32K144 CAN remote frame?

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies

felixfeng
Contributor I

Hi Paul,

I try to establish to 10 ms task to send can messages. But it failed. The interval of frame monitored by PCan is not 10 ms in my expectation. It's disorder. What's the problem of my period task. Thanks.

0 Kudos

AnaAldescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Could you please give us more details about your problem? Especially, I need to know if the Protocol Engine clock is sourced from the oscillator clock or the peripheral clock and which method did you choose for setting the CAN bitrate.

Thank you,

Ana

0 Kudos

AnaAldescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

There is indeed an issue with the S32 SDK FlexCAN driver for S32K144, which cannot respond to CAN Remote request frames. It will be fixed in the next release.

Regards,

Ana

0 Kudos

paulzhou
Contributor II

Dear Ana

Whether the latest version 0.86 of s32k144's SDK can support S32K144 CAN module to send remote frames?

Thank you

0 Kudos

AnaAldescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Paul,

The FlexCAN driver from the EAR 0.8.6 SDK release has an issue with automatically responding to remote requests, but it is still able to send remote frames properly. This issue was fixed and it will be available in the upcoming BETA release.

Please let me know if I can assist you with this problem.

Best regards,

Ana

0 Kudos