cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32144-LOC

Jump to solution
Junkie
Contributor I

May I ask if the S32K144 software does not operate properly and triggers SOSCERR to be set when the SOSC clock monitor is turned on? I tried entering (all) low power modes after turning on the clock monitor, and I can see that SOSC becomes invalid (SOSCVLD=0) but no SOSCERR is generated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Well, I can't see simple way how to inject this error by software. As you mentioned, for test purposes such error is usually injected by shorting of OSC circuit in hardware.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I'm not sure if I can understand the question but clock monitors should not be used in low power modes:

lukaszadrapa_0-1660033659856.png

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
Junkie
Contributor I

Yes, it is mentioned in the reference manual that SOSC monitor cannot be used in low power mode. But my purpose is to cause a LOC error to reset the MCU, I caused the LOC error by shorting the external SOSC crystal to ground, but is there a way to use software? I've tried going into low power mode to cause the LOC error but it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Well, I can't see simple way how to inject this error by software. As you mentioned, for test purposes such error is usually injected by shorting of OSC circuit in hardware.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
Junkie
Contributor I
OK, thank you very much.
0 Kudos