Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy flexray sample code error

Jump to solution
Shenghao
Contributor III

Dear NXP,

I use legacy flexray example(Flexray_ExternalCommunication_node1_S32G274A_M7 and Flexray_ExternalCommunication_node2_S32G274A_M7) but there is a issue while using it.

The code still at “pocState=Flexray_State_Startup” whild running it.

I’ve checked the FR_0/PSR0/STARTUPSTATE register, it shows “POC:integration listen” and I found the payload config seems incorrect

Could you help to advise what point I could check?

Shenghao_0-1682469885141.png

Shenghao_1-1682469885185.png

Shenghao_2-1682469885234.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The only information that seems to be available for the "POC:integration listen" message seems to be provided under the following thread:

FlexRay: Coldstart Listen - NXP Community

"after short discussion with FlexRay expert, it looks like there's only one node. FlexRay system needs at least two nodes to have each node move into normal active state. With just one node and an oscilloscope you will be able to see the node sending several startup frames, but nothing more."

Can you help us confirm this situation?

As for the payload, since it is an info level message, we cannot confirm nor deny if there is a problem with it.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Shenghao
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Yes, this issue also als updated to NXP FAE.

Our customer would like to use the example on their board.

Do you have any comment about clarifying this error?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Since the customer seems to be using RDB2, as said before, this board does not integrate the Flexray PHY under the normal FR pins.

This functionality was confirmed with the EVB platform, from our internal team. Does the client have the possibility to have access to an EVB platform?

As for the message that appears on Config Tools, it is no an error level message, it is an info level one, which should not be a problem with the overall functionality of the example.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Shenghao
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

According to the error message “POC:integration listen”, could you share any suggestion I could check on issue first?

Is the payload define a problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The only information that seems to be available for the "POC:integration listen" message seems to be provided under the following thread:

FlexRay: Coldstart Listen - NXP Community

"after short discussion with FlexRay expert, it looks like there's only one node. FlexRay system needs at least two nodes to have each node move into normal active state. With just one node and an oscilloscope you will be able to see the node sending several startup frames, but nothing more."

Can you help us confirm this situation?

As for the payload, since it is an info level message, we cannot confirm nor deny if there is a problem with it.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Under RDB2, the following is said from our internal team:

"FlexRay could not be tested on RBD2, the hardware did not connect to PHY."

We are also seeing that your case is being taken from one of our FAE's, is this correct?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Shenghao
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

About "Flexray_ExternalCommunication_node1_S32G274A_M7" example, cusomer use a board with node 1 code to connect their CANOE. I was wondering if they can see the node 1 transmition on their CANOE in this case?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

CANOE is the GUI/SW that Vector provides. The HW should be the VN and it should have the FR feature.

As to if it should be detected as a valid node, we may not have all the information on regards of the vector tools. If Vector confirms that the VN has the FR feature and that it should be detected as a valid node, then it should be feasible.

Please, let us know.