How to use PFE function of S32G-VNP-RDB3 (s32g399a) based on RTOS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use PFE function of S32G-VNP-RDB3 (s32g399a) based on RTOS?

Jump to solution
Youngsoo_do
Contributor III

We are developing S32G-VNP-RDB3 (s32g399a) based on RTOS. I know we need to use PFE to use more than one Ethernet port, but PFE requires a separate driver to be applied, and I don't know how to do that.

To rephrase my question, it is as follows.

1. How to use PFE function in S32G-VNP-RDB3(s32g399a)?

2. is there any demo file for PFE's PTP and TIME Aware Shaper features?

If anyone knows how to use it, please help me.... Please help...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Below will be some comments on regards of your questions:

Q1. Is it mandatory to use Tresos to use PFE FW?

[DA]: We understand that the PFE MCAL driver is only to be used with EB Tresos. As for the license error, did you activate EB Tresos itself?

Q2. Do you know any documentation explaining how to use PFE FW in S32 Design Studio?

[DA]: At this moment, there is no up-to-date documentation for PFE MCAL under S32DS. We do apologize.

Q3. Is PFE FW used in conjunction with PFE MCAL Driver?

[DA]: We understand that there is indeed a requirement for PFE MCAL with PFE FW, since it details under the respective release notes that uses both RTD package and PFE FW.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

On regards of PFE usage under the M7 core (which we assume is the one being used with RTOS), there is a PFE Driver for M7 MCAL, which should be available under the Automotive Software Package Manager inside the S32G3 product page (link: S32G3 Safe and Secure Vehicle Network Processor | NXP Semiconductors). The specific version needs to be paired with an specific version of RTD, which should be also available under the Automotive Software Package Manager.

As for the specifics of being implemented with RTOS, we understand that the available examples do not use RTOS. As for the specific features, we understand that they are not implemented under the available examples. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

Youngsoo_do
Contributor III

I am very grateful for your response.

I went to the site you told me about and downloaded the Dirver and Firmware for PFE, and I had additional questions in the process.

Q1.1. I installed the PFE FW plugin from Tresos, but when I open it in Tresos, I get a license error like in the attached picture.

Q2. Do you know any documentation explaining how to use PFE FW in S32 Design Studio?

2.png1.png

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Below will be some comments on regards of your questions:

[DA]: We understand that the PFE MCAL driver is only to be used with EB Tresos. As for the license error, did you activate EB Tresos itself?

[DA]: At this moment, there is no up-to-date documentation for PFE MCAL under S32DS. We do apologize.

[DA]: We understand that there is indeed a requirement for PFE MCAL with PFE FW, since it details under the respective release notes that uses both RTD package and PFE FW.

Please, let us know.

Youngsoo_do
Contributor III

Hi ! Thank you very much for your response.

about Q1

When I got the tresos from that page (link: S32G3 Safe and Secure Vehicle Network Processor | NXP Semiconductors), I could not get any confirmation regarding the license. Instead, I downloaded version 29 from the place where you can download different versions, checked the activation code, activated it, and am using it.

About Q2 and Q3

I'm having trouble using and developing it due to the lack of documentation. I will try to check the related release notes.

Thank you for your help. For additional questions, I will create a new session to ask.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos