Reception of standard short CAN frames in long message buffers when using CAN LLCE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reception of standard short CAN frames in long message buffers when using CAN LLCE

Jump to solution
AsmId
Contributor III

Dear NXP community,

I'm currently using LLCE firmware v1.0.7 on S32G274A eval board.

When I send a CAN standard frame (8bytes), via my CAN log tool, to the LLCE, it handles it as if it is a long frame (greater than 8Bytes).So When I get the Rx descriptor table index, I found it lower than LLCE_CAN_CONFIG_MAXRXMB (1732) which corresponds to the long frames.

I should have gotten an index greater than LLCE_CAN_CONFIG_MAXRXMB because I send to LLCE only short frames.

Do you have any idea about what can cause this behavior ?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Are you using any of the NXP available examples? Can you share with us the configuration for the CanHardwareObject you are using and shows the behavior? How did you configure the CanObject Payload Lenght?

For the information, there is only 2 types of messages and it is defined by the following structure:

DanielAguirre_0-1716411119765.png

Seems to be a misconfiguration of the filter at this moment.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Are you using any of the NXP available examples? Can you share with us the configuration for the CanHardwareObject you are using and shows the behavior? How did you configure the CanObject Payload Lenght?

For the information, there is only 2 types of messages and it is defined by the following structure:

DanielAguirre_0-1716411119765.png

Seems to be a misconfiguration of the filter at this moment.

Please, let us know.

AsmId
Contributor III

Hi @Daniel-Aguirre ,

Indeed you are right. I solved the problem.

The issue was due to the fact that I've not set Llce_CanRx_MbLengthType to the correct value.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

0 Kudos