cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mpc5748G SDK compiler errors and warnings

Jump to solution
leonggz
Contributor I

Hello, i'm trying to import from an example project (flexcan_mpc5748g) using the SDK for 5847G. it seems i would need to do two extra steps before i can compile: 1, attach the SDK after import is completed; 2, generate code from ProcExpert. 

this seems to work if i try to build right after the code gen from procExpert except a few warnings about non-existance path in the SDK, for example:

Description Resource Path Location Type
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v1.2\S32DS\S32_SDK_MPC574xx_EAR_0.8.1\platform\pal\inc). flexcan_mpc5748g pathentry Path Entry Problem

Description Resource Path Location Type
Invalid project path: Missing project folder or file: \flexcan_mpc5748g\MPC5748G_SDK_Z4_0_GCC for Source path. flexcan_mpc5748g pathentry Path Entry Problem

while i was trying to follow the link, the mentioned pal\inc path indeed does not exist. while i was exploring around the generated sdk code (note this is after the .elf has been generated for the project), some code from the sdk starts to show red marks complaining "type bool could not be resolved". for example, in the clock_manager.c

status_t CLOCK_SYS_UpdateConfiguration(uint8_t targetConfigIndex,
clock_manager_policy_t policy)
{
uint8_t callbackIdx;
bool successfulSetConfig;

this would prevent me from any further rebuild of the same project.

so my question is two folds: 1, why i could build the project in the first place and generated the proj.elf? was there precompiled files from proc expert being copied to my proj folder? 2, what was the compiler settings or language settings that causes the bool type error? C99 defines bool but not C89/90 i guess.

thanks.

regards

gzhang

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

SDK guys updated little bit directory structure and forgot update some examples. In next release will be path removed. You can remove the include path by yourself from greened out options in project properties:

pastedImage_1.png

Jiri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

thanks for report - I can reproduce the behavior. So - about your questions:

When you switch back from 89/90 dialect to 99 dialect - you can see errors about bool type. But if you check the console output - the .elf file is properly generated. The false-positive errors are caused by Eclipse Indexer. You can right click on project -> Index -> Rebuild and the bool "errors" will disappear. 

pastedImage_1.png

2. Yes - in 89/90 dialect is not bool type present and switching back to C99 without Index rebuild shows errors related to bool type. But project itself is compiled successfully.   

Jiri 

0 Kudos
leonggz
Contributor I

Thanks for the confirmation, Jiri

can you check the missing directory warning as well? it's a warning only but every time i click on the SDK menu there is a popup trying to add those paths back. our project would require 'warning free' from the compiler.

thanks

regards

gzhang

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

SDK guys updated little bit directory structure and forgot update some examples. In next release will be path removed. You can remove the include path by yourself from greened out options in project properties:

pastedImage_1.png

Jiri

0 Kudos