cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Between Processor Packages in S32DS Processor Expert

Jump to solution
sparkee
Contributor V

According to this post, I am able to switch to a new processor package by adding a new package and clicking the switch configuration button.  This works as explained.  The problem is that once you have both packages installed, how do you switch between them? 

The answer is that you right click for the context menu and select "Component Enabled", which doesn't sound like an option but rather the status of the processor.

sparkee_1-1620136195527.png

In fact, it wasn't until I noticed that on the processor that is actually enabled, that option has a check mark and is greyed out, that I realized what was happening. There is a sizable delay between the time you click enable and the time the x switches to a checkmark so it's not immediately obvious that it has worked.

sparkee_2-1620136665312.png

This is a very low level piece of info that few people will probably encounter and/or care about but I wanted to put it out here in case it was causing anyone issues.

I am still confused as to why it adds 2 instances of the processor.   I can delete 1 of the instances and everything seems to work.  Anybody care to elaborate?

sparkee_0-1620135937545.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @sparkee 

I have checked the version S32DS.ARM.2.2 and SDK RTM 3.0.0. And it is normal. If you just choose one configuration (Just FLASH or RAM) and just one "Processor Pin Variants", then just one processor is added. Could you please help to check if you have choose both RAM and FLASH in Configurations.

hungnguyenphi_0-1621226321805.png

Best regards,

Hung

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
8 Replies
hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @sparkee 

I am still confused as to why it adds 2 instances of the processor.   I can delete 1 of the instances and everything seems to work.  Anybody care to elaborate?

[Hung] As you can see, we have multiple instance of the processor in your project, but just one of them is activated at one time(so from my understand, we will not have any issue with it). In some case, user can use it to switch between different pin type of CPU. So I think that it is normal.

Best regards,

Hung

0 Kudos
sparkee
Contributor V

I understand only 1 is activated at a time but my question is why does it duplicate instances of my processor?  I understand having different instances for different footprints but I don't understand why there are duplicates of the same footprint.

0 Kudos
hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @sparkee 

I understand only 1 is activated at a time but my question is why does it duplicate instances of my processor?  

[Hung] From my understand, you have added the same processor double times. So you have it. But please notice that just one process is activated. So we still have no issue here. The current Processor Expert will not count it as error. Anyway you can remove unused unit.

Best regards,

Hung

0 Kudos
sparkee
Contributor V

I feel like you keep repeating what I've already said.  Let me be more clear.

When I add a processor to my project, 2 processors show up in the components box.  I add 1 but 2 show up.  My question is: WHY do 2 processors show up when I only add 1?  I'm not asking how many are active at the same time or if it will work.  It's been this way for at least a year and everything works fine.  I always just delete 1.  It was just a curious afterthought because it doesn't seem right to me.

0 Kudos
hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @sparkee ,

Actually I have not met this issue with S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2018.R1. Could you please specific the S32DS version and the SDK driver version.

Best regards,

Hung

0 Kudos
sparkee
Contributor V

S32DS.ARM.2.2

SDK RTM 3.0.0

0 Kudos
hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @sparkee 

I have checked the version S32DS.ARM.2.2 and SDK RTM 3.0.0. And it is normal. If you just choose one configuration (Just FLASH or RAM) and just one "Processor Pin Variants", then just one processor is added. Could you please help to check if you have choose both RAM and FLASH in Configurations.

hungnguyenphi_0-1621226321805.png

Best regards,

Hung

Tags (1)
sparkee
Contributor V

There's the answer, it creates a processor for each configuration.  Thank you!

0 Kudos