cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS parallel Peripheral configuration in one project

Jump to solution
abemat
Contributor III

In my project I am targetting two hardware revisions from within the project. The revisions differ slightly in code, but also in pin out and peripheral configuration.

Therefore, I need to be able to have multiple pin configurations and peripheral configurations. I succeeded in doing this for pin configurations, but for peripheral configurations I am having a harder time. The unsuccesfull steps I follow are these:

1. Go to "Peripherals" view

2. Open "Functional Group Properties"

3. Add new "Functional Group". This creates a new option to select in the "Functional Groups" drop down. Both options result in the same "Drivers" being shown (see below for the same view for both groups)

abemat_0-1665570402497.png

4. When I remove a driver, it is removed for both Functional Groups, whereas I only want it removed for the Functional Group under change. How can I make this possible?

In the end I would like to achieve two parallel Functional Groups which both configure eMios instance 1, but with different parameters.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @abemat 

I don't know whether the issue is still persist in your site, but from my site with the following environment:

S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform, Version: 3.4, Build id: 201217 (Update 3)

S32K3 Development Package, version 3.4.3

S32K3 RTD 2.0.0

I was able to add a module in just one function group, while the others are not.

Best Regards,

Nam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @abemat 

I don't know whether the issue is still persist in your site, but from my site with the following environment:

S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform, Version: 3.4, Build id: 201217 (Update 3)

S32K3 Development Package, version 3.4.3

S32K3 RTD 2.0.0

I was able to add a module in just one function group, while the others are not.

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos
abemat
Contributor III

Hi Nam,

Thanks for getting back to us. When trying again - also with S32DS Version: 3.4 Build id: 201217 (Update 3) - it seems to work for me. I can add/duplicate a new function group, and can add/alter configurations. Even though I am not planning to use this feature anymore, I believe this is what I would want.

However, I think my initial misunderstandig of its function was that when I remove any of the elements in the left "Components" view, they will be removed from all Function Groups, not only the one currently active. However, I now realize this is more of a UI/UX misunderstanding than functional issue.

abemat_0-1681200790733.png

0 Kudos
gpira
Contributor III

Sorry if I jump in but I have a similar problem and I'm looking for an answer.

I'm trying to create two different pin configurations in a single project, you said you manage to do that, how?

Did you create 2 different Pin Functional Groups? Do you think it is doable also with two different packages (64 pin and 100 pin).

Thanks

0 Kudos
abemat
Contributor III

Yep, I created more than two different pin Functional Groups and only initialize the ones required.

I have no experience with setting them up for different packages. To use the Pin ConfigTool in S32DS you first have to specify your package - or when changing, respecify your package - so sadly for you, I have little hope different packages are supported simultaneously in a single S32DS project.

You could also create a separate dummy project for the other package, update your pinconfig over there, and only include the desired pinconfig depending on your build target.

abemat
Contributor III

Any update on this? @davidtosenovjan @jiri_kral 

0 Kudos
abemat
Contributor III

bump?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos