Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't read register values in mpc5748g

Jump to solution
rahulramakrishn
Contributor III

Hi

I am trying to use the Ethernet in the MPC5748G LCEVB. I currently using the inbuilt code provided in the S32DS. While debugging the code PE Micro shows a warning: "PE-ERROR: Warning. Can't read registers while part is running".

Then a popup will appear that shows unable to detect the hardware. I think this is because the register is not readable. 

Please help me to fix this problem. 

Why PE Micro multilink universal can't read register values of MPC5748g while I able to execute the flex CAN program using the same configuration?

I attaching the console data of Ethernet program. Please find it.

Regards

Rahul Ramakrishnan 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rahul, 

I played a bit with PE Micro timing settings - and for me is working this configuration:

pastedImage_1.png

It looks like that it is board depend. With some boards are default values okay, for some others not.

Jiri 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, which example are you using? The SDK one - Enet PING or non-SDK enet_rmii_udp? If the non-SDK - please make sure that you are using launch group in debug session. This is multicore project and the Z4_0 is boot core.  

Jiri

0 Kudos
rahulramakrishn
Contributor III

Hi Jiri

Do you find out the reason for this behavior? If you found it, Please share with me. I still having the same problem and I stuck here. I am waiting for your reply.

Regards

Rahul Ramakrishnan

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rahul, 

I played a bit with PE Micro timing settings - and for me is working this configuration:

pastedImage_1.png

It looks like that it is board depend. With some boards are default values okay, for some others not.

Jiri 

0 Kudos
rahulramakrishn
Contributor III

Hi Jiri

Thank you very much for your support. Now my code is running without any error. Thank you very much.

Regards

Rahul ramakrishnan

0 Kudos
rahulramakrishn
Contributor III

Hi

I am using enet_rmii_udp_z4_1 example. Launch group is used in debug

session. But I can't able to debug it. It shows that device is in reset

escalation mode. When power cycle the board it show that can't detect

device.

While examining the console I found a warning "PE micro can't read

register values". I have no idea why this happens. Can you help me to solve

this problem?

I am using MPC5748G LCEVB with S32DS and PE Micro multilink universal.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rahul Ramakrishnan

On May 14, 2018 6:37 PM, "jiri.kral@nxp.com" <admin@community.nxp.com>

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

good news - I can reproduce the issue on one of my boards (motherboard with daughter card) - but right now I don't know what is root cause. There is warning info about reset escalation, then board may be secured warning - and at the end I got the very same console output. I'll continue with investigation and let you know. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos
rahulramakrishn
Contributor III

Hi

Thank you very much for your effort. I hope you can find a solution to the problem.

Regards

Rahul 

0 Kudos