I am working on NXP S32G274 Part for my customer and need your support for setting up external memory for Boot.
- need to use external flash(Serial NOR - MX25UW51245G) for application code and execution.
- after power reset it shall boot from Flash area. (in this case Serial NOR)
- Hardware : I am using S32G evaluation board.
Support needed to understand :
we tried below configuration in linker file as below :
m_Code_qspi (stores : .interrupts, .text, )
m_ram (store : .init_table, .zero_table, .code_ram, .data, .bss )
2. I have configured RCON selection switches on eval board to boot from QSPI
SWT14 -> 1 ON, SWT14 -> 2 OFF
SWT15 -> 1 OFF SWT15- > 2 OFF
3. I have configured BMODE (0 to 31 parallel bits) selection switches on eval board
ref : AN12422 :S32G Boot Process (attached excel ) BOOT_CFG1[31:0] - ADDR 0x234
4. how to configure IVT tool in S32DS? If I am not using S32DS then how to generate IVT image ?
5. how to flash IVT Image file + Application code file together ( Can it be flashed together ?)
6. I am using S32ft.exe (flash tool by NXP) to load algorithm for "MX25UW51245G" (serial NOR). Why it is required?
7. Can we use S32DS(Design Studio) to flash [IVT image + Application Code] through configuration_tool option under project properties.
8. I am using Lauterbach debugger supported .cmm file that we use to load the program.
Recently I also try to boot image from External flash on S32G EVB. I have some experience and would like to share with you.