S32 Design Studio for ARM 2.2 License missing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio for ARM 2.2 License missing

Javier_Saa
Contributor II

Hello, a License missing error appear when lauching S32 Design Studio for ARM . I'm tried to re-install S32 Design studio for ARM but a pop up window appear with the message "No S32DS-IDE-ARM_2.2 license found on your computer" and stop the installation process. Could you help me?

Javier_Saa_0-1642310004322.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Javier_Saa
Contributor II

Hi Robin,

Than you for your response. 

I have follow all steps from this chat "HOWTO: Activate S32 Design Studio" and nothing, the same problem.

About this workaround: "S32 Design Studio for Arm stuck at Licenses Verification", the program never install and ARM product instllation directory only has directory showed on attached image. Any other suggestions.

Javier_Saa_0-1642722585771.png

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Javier,

The error message you provided usually precedes the prompt for entering the activation code. Do you not receive this prompt? The installation rolls back before this prompt appears?

A few more questions to ask before going further.

Is the user account on Windows you are using when installing S32 Design Studio a member of the administrators group?

Did you customize the installation directory of S32 Design Studio to a location that may have some access restrictions?

I tried to reproduce your issue. I am able to get to the prompt for the activation code. If I press cancel, the installer rolls back the installation. I am able to locate a new installation log file in the folder: C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2.2\_S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2.2_installation\Logs. I see in your reply that you do not have this folder, but instead a JRE folder. This seems strange. You would not have this folder yet if the rollback occurred before the activation code prompt. Have you previously successfully installed S32 Design Studio for ARM?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Javier_Saa
Contributor II

Hello Mike, my answers in black:

The error message you provided usually precedes the prompt for entering the activation code. Do you not receive this prompt? Yes.  The installation rolls back before this prompt appears? The installation don´t rolls back, but stop after this prompt appears.

Is the user account on Windows you are using when installing S32 Design Studio a member of the administrators group? Yes.

Did you customize the installation directory of S32 Design Studio to a location that may have some access restrictions? No. The directory selected is C:/ drive. 

I tried to reproduce your issue. I am able to get to the prompt for the activation code. If I press cancel, the installer rolls back the installation. I am able to locate a new installation log file in the folder: C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2.2\_S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2.2_installation\Logs. I see in your reply that you do not have this folder, but instead a JRE folder. This seems strange. You would not have this folder yet if the rollback occurred before the activation code prompt. Have you previously successfully installed S32 Design Studio for ARM? Yes. I successfully installed S32 Design Studio for ARM but got an expired license prompt and uninstalled it. I tried to install again without successfully.

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Javier,

It is really unfortunate that there is no installation log file available. It would really help in this case.

Since this appears to be failing at the license check stage, it's possible there is some issue with the trusted storage for the license, please try the following step to re-initialize it:

-> Delete 'C:\ProgramData\FLEXNet'

This folder may be hidden by default, so then it would be necessary to change Windows Explorer settings to show hidden items.

Next, try the installation again. If it gets stuck in the same place as before, please check for the installation log file again before closing the installer. It could be that it is being deleted somehow when the installer is closed. It should be located at the following path: 

C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2.2\_S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2.2_installation\Logs

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Javier_Saa
Contributor II

Hello Mike,

I tried to delete 'C:\ProgramData\FLEXNet' but the same error.

The installation log file don´t appear while installer window is active. However, i closed it from task administrator and rollback the installation process. Attach the log file obtained.

Best Regards,

Javier

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Javier,

Based on the contents of the log file. It seems something has gone wrong with the licensing services on your PC. This seems to be an issue which is not solved by just reinstallation of S32 Design Studio.

We believe we have a solution to your issue. The version of FlexNet Publisher (FNP) used to activate the S32 Design Studio 3.4 on your PC has an issue on some users machines. While we don't fully understand what change is happening to cause this issue, we have determined that an update to the version of FNP will resolve it. We are already planning to incorporate a newer version in the next release of S32 Design Studio.

I have attached a package of files which will allow you to update the version of FNP on your machine. There is a file 'help.txt' included in the package that provides the command line instructions to be followed to do 2 things:

1) Install the updated FNP to your PC

2) Activate your S32 Design Studio license

It is important to perform both steps. By activating the S32 Design Studio license through this method, we can add the license to the trusted storage on your PC. Then, when you execute the S32 Design Studio installer, the trusted storage will be checked for a license. The license will already be present, so the activation process can be skipped by the installer and the installation can be completed successfully.

I hope that this will resolve your issue. Please let us know if you have any further difficulties.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

jeg300
Contributor I

Hi Mike,

Is there a similar fix for Ubuntu?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Javier,

When your S32DS for ARM stuck at Licenses Verification, please refer to the workaround described here: S32 Design Studio for Arm stuck at Licenses Verification

When you get the message "No S32DS-IDE-ARM_2.2 license found on your computer", please refer: HOWTO: Activate S32 Design Studio

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos