S32 Design Studio Crashes when Switching to Configuration View (Ubuntu 20.04)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio Crashes when Switching to Configuration View (Ubuntu 20.04)

Jump to solution
tunabicim
Contributor III

Hello,

I have installed S32 Design Studio to Ubuntu 20.04 following 18.04 installation steps.

I am trying to run FreeRTOS example for S32K344 dev board.

The IDE runs well until I try to open a .mex file which tries to load the pin configuration script which crashes it.

I have tried running from s32ds.sh script and the desktop shortcut created by the installer.

Both result in the same behavior.

I have attached the console output log to the post.

Can you please help me with the program crashes?

I have installed 3.3 to see if the problem is there too but 3.3 does not come with S32K3 development package. 

Thank you, Tuna Bicim

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mehul_Patel_NXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @MarcosRDS , 

Config Tools are not available for manually installation separately. 

It can be installed as package in combination with S32DS installation.

Thank you. Kind regards.  

-Mehul Patel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
StephenYeh
Contributor III

Hi Sir

I try to installed S32 Design Studio 3.4 and install RTD driver 2.0.0.
But, I can't find the RTD driver 2.0.0 D2204 version to install. (I only can import the s32k1xx series sample code, but s32k3xx doesn't)

Would you share us about S32 Design Studio 3.4 to support S32k3 series schedule?

0 Kudos
tunabicim
Contributor III

Hello Jiri,

The config tool is installed together with the IDE, there is no manual installation. At least the instructions on the download website did not specify a manual install.

All examples rely on generated code to function.

If the config tool is not supported are you telling me all the examples are useless for Linux?

- Tuna

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

actually the FreeRTOS is package includes some update in config tool (as I understand it), and FreeRTOS  package is not tested and released for Linux host OS. 

If I'm correct, the FreeRTOS support for S32K3xx is not available from package manager on Linux host and you need to install it manually by Install New Software option. 

Jiri

0 Kudos
tunabicim
Contributor III

Yes FreeRTOS package is manual update but S32K344 Development package is not and those examples require pin and peripheral config as well.

ANY example for these chips requires some sort of code generation be it FreeRTOS or not. 

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

sorry - to be more precise - plain config tool itself is working, but FreeRTOS package comes with RTD which is not compatible with Linux OS - and FreeRTOS and RTD is controlled by Config tool. This combination cause the issue. It is known issue and the reason why the FreeRTOS package is not supported on Linux OS.  

Jiri

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

unfortunately the config tool is not supported on Linux host - that's also reason why you need to install it manually  and it is not available in package manager. 

Jiri

0 Kudos
MarcosRDS
Contributor I

Is any instruction to install the config tool on Ubuntu 20.04 manually?

0 Kudos
Mehul_Patel_NXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @MarcosRDS , 

Config Tools are not available for manually installation separately. 

It can be installed as package in combination with S32DS installation.

Thank you. Kind regards.  

-Mehul Patel

0 Kudos
Anburaj
Contributor II

@jiri_kral  @Mehul_Patel_NXP  Could you please confirm whether config tools supported for linux  ?

P.S: We're also trying to build S32K3xx using S32DS in Ubuntu.

0 Kudos
Mehul_Patel_NXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @Anburaj , 

You would be able to use S32DS design studio and configuration tools are embedded with S32DS. 

But you would not be able to use S32 configuration tools separately. 

Thank you. Best regards. 

- Mehul Patel

0 Kudos
Anburaj
Contributor II

Hi @Mehul_Patel_NXP  Thanks for the feedback. Even with in S32DS switching to config_tools is crashing the whole IDE. any hints to check further.

0 Kudos
Mehul_Patel_NXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @Anburaj , 

Please can you share more information and screenshots to help understand the issue. 

Please can you provide the log from S32DS workspace ( check the .metadata directory where your S32 design studio current project workspace is located.) 

Thank you. Best regards, 

- Mehul Patel 

0 Kudos
MarcosRDS
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I am encountering a problem similar to user @Anburaj. I installed version 3.5 of S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform (S32DS) on Ubuntu 20.04 following the "S32 Design Studio Installation Guide."

I attempted to install the S32K3xx package through the package manager under the 'S32DS Extensions and Updates' option. However, this method did not include the SDK for S32K342 when generating a project.

Subsequently, I followed the alternative approach of updating the suggested packages and manually installing the "S32 Design Studio S32K3 SDK" package using the "Install New Software" option, as detailed here.

While I can successfully create projects for the S32K342 microcontroller and select the SDK, attempting to open the configuration tool leads to a crash. For your reference, here is a link to the screenshot of the installed packages, and the console log during the crash. Also log of the workspace is attached.

Has anyone faced a similar issue or can offer suggestions for a resolution?

I appreciate any assistance you can provide!

Thank you,

Marcos

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marcos, 

sorry, as was said above, RTD or SDK is not officially supported on Linux OS. It can be installed from .zip archive and may be from Help -> Install New Software, but it is not tested and it may or may not work. 

Previous versions of RTD can be somehow used - with modification of some .xml files inside S32DS because of case sensitive OS, but it looks that there is some more serious issue which caused crash. 

There is plan for future to have both platforms supported, but right now RTD is not officially supported on Linux platform. 

Sorry for inconvenience. 

0 Kudos
Anburaj
Contributor II

Hi @jiri_kral Thanks for the feedback. Build stability/correctness wise it should not be an issue right when building from windows or linux.

0 Kudos