Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP Eclipse plug-ins for freertos

Jump to solution
prashantsathe
Contributor III

Hi,

"S32DS: S32 Design Studio IDE" feature state that it has eclipse plug in support for freertos  like below

"Support for additional downloadable NXP Eclipse plug-ins including RTOS-awareness (such as FreeRTOS,  

Core  self test)"

Could you please tell me procedure to do so..

-Prahshant

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Regarding FreeRTOS - there has been recently added Kernel awareness into S32DS for ARM v1.2/ Power v1.1.

You can enable this feature in the Debug Configuration dialog -> OS Awareness Tab:

pastedImage_0.png

There is also FreeRTOS port for the S32K is available as part of S32K SDK (which is part of S32DS for ARM v1.2 [Windows] installer)

You can try to build and debug the FreeRTOS example available  (File -> New S32DS Project from... -> FreeRTOS_Example):

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

Hope it helps.

Stan.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Regarding FreeRTOS - there has been recently added Kernel awareness into S32DS for ARM v1.2/ Power v1.1.

You can enable this feature in the Debug Configuration dialog -> OS Awareness Tab:

pastedImage_0.png

There is also FreeRTOS port for the S32K is available as part of S32K SDK (which is part of S32DS for ARM v1.2 [Windows] installer)

You can try to build and debug the FreeRTOS example available  (File -> New S32DS Project from... -> FreeRTOS_Example):

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

Hope it helps.

Stan.

bix010
Contributor III

Hi,

I tried doing this, but when stepping through my code, the OS Details Browser is blank, and OS Resources shows "OS resources are not available using your target and GDB". I'm using FreeRTOS on the DEVKIT-MPC5748G.

Appreciate any help!

0 Kudos
ziomocci
Contributor IV

Hi Stan,

I am following the tutorial, but when I try to build the example unfortunately I find few problems as depicted in the screenshot.

Cattura.PNG

It seems, very strange, that the requested headers are not present.

I am using this version of S32DS

Cattura1.PNG

Any suggestion would be very appreciated,

B.R.

Andrea Mocci

0 Kudos
edgarmichel
Contributor II

Hello Andrea,
would you please give me some details what you did?
When open the RTOS example there are no freeRTOS files available.
I am using SDK on Linux, Version 2 update3

Thanks Edgar

0 Kudos
ziomocci
Contributor IV

Hello Edgar,

To be honest we have left the FreeRTOS solution, moreover I was working on Windows 7 platform.

Have you tried to install everything once time again? 

AM

0 Kudos
ziomocci
Contributor IV

Problem solved Stan!!!

I have not noticed that Processor Expert configuration shall be build before!!! 

Consider the problem closed (for now at least :smileyhappy: )

B.R.

Andrea

0 Kudos
prashantsathe
Contributor III

Thanks , Appreciated.

0 Kudos