MPC5676 bootup and communication

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5676 bootup and communication

bhargavkrishna-
Contributor I

I am working on MPC567 EVBF XMB evaluation board with MPC5676r daughter board.

1)when I turned on the board with 12V supply it is drawing 0.3A current. Is it the expected value of current consumption?

2)Could you please help me with the ,what kind of evaluation software is required. How to communicate with the processor through any of the communication ports(like RS-232).

3) please help with a code to verify the functionalities of MPC5676r using the MPC567 evaluation board. Also it would be very helpful if I could get a code to toggle a gpio and generate a PWM. I have S32 design studio and Code Warrior installed

Thanks Bhargav

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

1) 300mA is okay. 

2) You can use for example RS232 - located on Mother Board, but I'm afraid that there is no example for communication. For debugging you can use PE Micro Multilink FX.

3) Here are some examples for MPC5676R:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329623#MPC5676R 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

bhargavkrishna-
Contributor I

Thanks for the response for Jiri.

I tried establish a communication with RS232 ( teraterm) but in vain. There was nothing I could see in the teraterm window. Do you have any other options using RS-232? where I can see the boot-up and probably execute few commands?

Thanks

Bhargav 

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I'm not sure what do you mean. You upload some RS232 example into MCU and you can't see any data on Terminal? Or what do you expecting to see in terminal? 

Jiri

0 Kudos