cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAR Plugin issue on S32 Design studio for ARM

PhilChen007
Contributor I

Dear, 

I follow the use guide(HOWTO_Install_IAR_Eclipse_plugin_into_S32_Design_Studio_for_ARM.pdf) as attached file to install the IAR plug on s32 design studio. 

1, the first step is to Install IAR Plugin manager as show below. 

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

2, after successfully installed IAR Plugin manager, but can't find the item of IAR Embedded Worfbench in my S32 design studio. 

pastedImage_3.png

if anybody meet this issue like me and advise how to solve this ?  Thanks.

Phil Chen

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

you need to setup this path once per workspace. IAR IDE path is not stored in system environment variables or in windows registry. For any other newly created project in workspace is path taken from workspace settings. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

PhilChen007
Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for your reply.

your mean is to add the IAR IDE path into the system environment variables?  

as we know, when open the S32 Design studio, it need to select the directory as workspace, could you advise how to set up this path?  Thanks、 

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Workspace directory is folder, where your projects are stored. By default after S32DS startup you need to confirm your workspace folder (on your screenshot). You can check "Use this as the default and do not ask again" check button and this confirmation will be skipped out: 

pastedImage_2.png

For IAR toolchain you need to add path to IAR workbench (once per workspace). On S32DS main menu bar click on Window -> Preferences -> IAR Embedded Workbench Setup and specify path to IAR workbench: 

pastedImage_3.png

For all newly created IAR project in your workspace will be path taken automatically from this settings. 

Hope it helps. 

Jiri

PhilChen007
Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

my question is that i can't find "IAR Embedded Workbench Setup" in my  S32 Design studio, please see the below. 

pastedImage_1.png

as I mentioned before, I have installed Install IAR Plugin manager.  

pastedImage_9.png

Could you help to check why this happen? Thanks. 

Phil Chen.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

did you installed IAR plugin correctly? It should be visible in installation details ( on main menu bar click on Help -> Installation details )

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

PhilChen007
Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

please check the below,  the installaion information for IAR plugin is not the same as yours. 

pastedImage_1.png

I use the below steps to install the Install IAR Plugin manager. if any miss for my installaion?  Thanks.  

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Phil Chen

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, it looks, that you installed only IAR plugin manager, not plugin itself. Please follow instruction in chapter 2 from pdf attached to your question: 

pastedImage_1.png

Anyway, do you have already installed IAR workbench? By default IAR Workbench is located in c:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.1\  folder. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi, Jiri

I had the same problem.I'm also following this "HOWTO_Install_IAR_Eclipse_plugin_into_S32_Design_Studio_for_ARM.pdf"

->I run IAR plugin manager (Menu "Help" -> "IAR Embedded Workbench plugin manager...") , can show the below info. 

pastedImage_1.png

Note: I already installed IAR workbench in my laptop, the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.4\,  the version is 8.42.1

-> after click the "Install" button into next step. 

pastedImage_1.png

-> select all, and click the "Next"  button:

pastedImage_2.png

-> click the "Next"  button, problem is occurred, installation failed.  

pastedImage_3.png

• What is the problem? Could you help me analyze the reason?

@ Phil Chen

• Have you solved this problem? Can you share it?

0 Kudos

nxf58908
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI All

I tried at my end  and was able to install the plugin successfully after installing below software in Help/Install new software:

I tried with below version

IAR v 8.42

S32 DS for S32 v 3.4

nxf58908_0-1646717795755.png

Thanks

Madhur

0 Kudos

PhilChen007
Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

There still have issue,  kindly help you to check what caused it, Thank you. 

->I run IAR plugin manager (Menu "Help" -> "IAR Embedded Workbench plugin manager...") , can show the below info. 

pastedImage_1.png

Note: I already installed IAR workbench in my laptop, the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.2\,  the version is 8.32.3 

-> after click the "Install" button into next step. 

pastedImage_3.png

-> select all, and click the "Next"  button:

pastedImage_4.png

-> click the "Next"  button, problem is occurred, installation failed.  

pastedImage_5.png

Phil Chen

0 Kudos