Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture

Jump to solution
jakozhang
Contributor II

My computor's OS is Windows11

I downloaded the install package and try to install "S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture v2.1".

But get some problem in the activation step.

I've tried both the online method and offline method but still can't install the software.

For the offline method, I got a activation.xml, but the content is "FAILURE".

This is the installation log. Please help me!

=====================================================================

ZGGfxUtil.loadImage: loading failed for:
com/zerog/ia/installer/images/billboard_defaultNew.png
RepositoryManager: Trying fallback repository location...
#
# INSTALLING VM: D:\Softwares\S32DS_PA\jre
#
System's temporary directory = C:\Users\jako\AppData\Local\Temp
==== License service installation log start: ====

==== License service installation log end. ====
==== License activation log start: ====
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.nxp.s32ds.ext.rcp.license.cll.CLL.cllListActivatedFeatures(Native Method)
at com.nxp.s32ds.ext.rcp.license.cll.CLL.listActivatedFeatures(CLL.java:94)
at com.nxp.s32ds.rcp.license.core.cli.cmd.InstallActivation.execute(InstallActivation.java:71)
at com.nxp.s32ds.rcp.license.core.cli.CLI.execute(CLI.java:69)
at com.nxp.s32ds.rcp.license.core.cli.CLI.main(CLI.java:33)
CLLReason [errorNo=21, errorString=Error sending an activation request to a remote activation server and processing the resulting response. com.acresso.activation.handler.ServerException (FNP error 0), flxActMajorErrorNo=0, flxActMinorErrorNo=0, flxActSysErrorNo=0, flxCommErrorNo=0]
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.nxp.s32ds.ext.rcp.license.cll.CLL.cllListActivatedFeatures(Native Method)
at com.nxp.s32ds.ext.rcp.license.cll.CLL.listActivatedFeatures(CLL.java:94)
at com.nxp.s32ds.rcp.license.core.cli.cmd.InstallActivation.execute(InstallActivation.java:71)
at com.nxp.s32ds.rcp.license.core.cli.CLI.execute(CLI.java:69)
at com.nxp.s32ds.rcp.license.core.cli.CLI.main(CLI.java:33)
CLLReason [errorNo=34, errorString=Invalid offline response, ResponseType FAILURE, flxActMajorErrorNo=0, flxActMinorErrorNo=0, flxActSysErrorNo=0, flxCommErrorNo=0]
No Software Activation Code was entered

===========================================================================

By the way, is the activation that important? I also uses TI's IDE Code Composer Studio, that software doesn't need any activation.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mehul_Patel_NXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @jakozhang 

I am sorry, for the issues with the installation,

S32DS for power architecture is not tested for Windows 11.

As per listed operating systems on the release notes Windows 11 is not officially supported and tested.

As mentioned the supported OS on :

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/s32-design-studio-ide/s32-design-studio-for...

But, "it may work on windows 11", or may have some issues while installation, as it is not tested on Windows 11.

There have been people having success working with Windows 11.

Also, may be you can try using Windows 10 combability mode on and installing S32DS.

You can still try again activation steps according to:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/HOWTO-Activate-S32-Design-Studio/ta-p/...

Please let us know the update if you are able to work on it.

Thank you. Kind regards.
- Mehul Patel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jakozhang
Contributor II

I'm sorry to say that I'm greatly disappointed about the installation problems and the answers I've got.

Didn't mean anything bad to the employee who answered my question, I think you're going in the wrong direction. I got problem with the software "S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture" but you've brought me the solution about "S32 Design Studio". These are two different softwares.

We've used NXP, TI and STM's MCUs in our research and products. Frankly, NXP's MCUs are the MOST TERRIBLE PRODUCTS that I've ever used!!!!

Why do you have two IDEs but the similar name??? I can comprehend the design logic. Look at TI, All their prodects can be developed using just one IDE: Code Composor Studio. Is that very hard to integrate all the development environment in just one IDE?

And I can't understand why NXP's IDE should have that troublesome activation step. Look at TI, their IDE are totally free, even you did'nt buy their MCU. Your software is used for your MCU, without the MCU, the software is useless, so why have a lock on software? Are you concerning that people will use your software but don't buy your MCU?

During the development of MPC5744P, I've got lots of complains, but I don't want say more about that, if your engineer have some interest, you can contact me in private.

If this problem can't be solved in an week, I will tell my colleague who continues the Phase Ⅱ of the that project to change the MCU to TI's MCU, since we have both the NXP solution and TI solution. AND in future projects, we WILL NOT USE NXP's MCU anymore!

0 Kudos
Mehul_Patel_NXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @jakozhang 

I am sorry, for the issues with the installation,

S32DS for power architecture is not tested for Windows 11.

As per listed operating systems on the release notes Windows 11 is not officially supported and tested.

As mentioned the supported OS on :

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/s32-design-studio-ide/s32-design-studio-for...

But, "it may work on windows 11", or may have some issues while installation, as it is not tested on Windows 11.

There have been people having success working with Windows 11.

Also, may be you can try using Windows 10 combability mode on and installing S32DS.

You can still try again activation steps according to:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/HOWTO-Activate-S32-Design-Studio/ta-p/...

Please let us know the update if you are able to work on it.

Thank you. Kind regards.
- Mehul Patel

0 Kudos
jakozhang
Contributor II
Thank for your continuous attention, I've tried to install on my old laptop that works on Win10 OS. Indeed it can work on Win10, but still can't install on my new Win11 laptop
Mehul_Patel_NXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @jakozhang , 

Please let us know any update, were you able to resolve the issue or any further question? 

Thank you. Kind regards. 

- Mehul Patel 

0 Kudos
jakozhang
Contributor II

Sorry to say that I still can't solve that problem.

The solution you provide seems like suit for S32DS but not for S32DS for PowerArchitecture. These two are different softwares. And I am using S32DS for PowerArchitecture.

0 Kudos
Mehul_Patel_NXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @jakozhang , 

The issue you are getting is because the S32 DS power architecture uses the older version of flexnet publisher which doesnt work with later windows version.

Please follow the below troubleshooting guide and follow the steps mentioned: 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-Activation-fails-with-...

Please can you follow the above mentioned steps and let us know if you are still facing the issue. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos