Failed to build S32DS project when implement automatically and periodically build use cron

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to build S32DS project when implement automatically and periodically build use cron

Jump to solution
x-z-m-happy
Contributor I

s32ds: S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture v1.2

hello everyone,

I create a script as shown below to build my S32DS project, It can be successfully executed to generate  the final binary file.  but, when I use this script in cron to realize automatically and periodically build of S32DS project.  It failed and show lots of error.  I've pasted some of it as shown below. 

How could I use cron to build S32DS project?  I guess  the reason related to environment variables of

cron,  But I have no idea how to how to  specify  S32DS environment variables to cron? 

Any help  will be greatly appreciated.

#!/bin/bash
source /etc/profile
source ~/.bashrc

/home/jeremy/NXP/S32DS_Power_v1.2/eclipse/s32ds \
-vm /usr/local/java/jdk1.8.0_161/jre/bin \
-nosplash \
-application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild \
-importAll /home/jeremy/work/tmp/code_analysis/gateway/MPC5748g/MPC5748g_Z4_0 \
-cleanBuild MPC5748g_Z4_0/Debug_ImgA \
--launcher.ini /home/jeremy/NXP/S32DS_Power_v1.2/eclipse/s32ds.ini \
--launcher.suppressErrors

Opening 'MPC5748g_Z4_0'.
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.eclipse.ui.ide was unable to load class org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.misc.FileInfoAttributesMatcher.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:176)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.FilterDescriptor.createFilter(FilterDescriptor.java:76)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Filter.match(Filter.java:59)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Filter.filterIncludes(Filter.java:126)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Filter.filter(Filter.java:109)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.filterChildren(Resource.java:2171)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.filterChildren(Resource.java:2133)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.UnifiedTree.getLocalList(UnifiedTree.java:350)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.UnifiedTree.addChildren(UnifiedTree.java:138)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.UnifiedTree.addNodeChildrenToQueue(UnifiedTree.java:244)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.UnifiedTree.accept(UnifiedTree.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.refreshResource(FileSystemResourceManager.java:920)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.refresh(FileSystemResourceManager.java:904)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.refreshLocal(Resource.java:1705)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.refresh.RefreshJob.runInWorkspace(RefreshJob.java:167)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.ui.ide (609).
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hooks.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:116)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:531)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:324)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:320)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:395)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:345)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:337)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.loadClass(EquinoxBundle.java:568)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
... 19 more
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEWorkbenchPlugin.start() of bundle org.eclipse.ui.ide.
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:792)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:721)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:936)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:454)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hooks.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
... 29 more

0 Kudos
1 Solution
x-z-m-happy
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply

The problem here is the environment variables of cron is not correct set, but not SHELL and PATH.

I have already specified SHELL and PATH in ~/.bashrc, and sourced this file in script.

My solution is: I added  the following two variables in my shell script, then it work correctly with cron

export DISPLAY=:0
export SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh

Actually, I don't know exactly what does this two envionment variables mean. 

Please let me know If anyone knows.

Thanks a lot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
b48014
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Well, actually, you have problem with cron configuration, not with Design Studio, but I will try to help you anyway. :smileyhappy:

Could you show me the output of crontab -l command? 

Please note that you should specify SHELL and PATH for cron. This is my output for this command:

pastedImage_9.png

with the crontab file above I was able to build the project each minutes without any errors.

And I think you can use more simple version of headless build:

#!/bin/bash
source /etc/profile
source ~/.bashrc

/home/b48014/NXP/S32DS_Power_v2017.R1/eclipse/s32ds \
-nosplash \
-application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild \
-data /home/b48014/workspaceS32DS.Power.2017.R1 -build test/Release

the project was located in workspace - /home/b48014/workspaceS32DS.Power.2017.R1

project name is test, build configuration is Release

Best regards,

Dmitry

0 Kudos
x-z-m-happy
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply

The problem here is the environment variables of cron is not correct set, but not SHELL and PATH.

I have already specified SHELL and PATH in ~/.bashrc, and sourced this file in script.

My solution is: I added  the following two variables in my shell script, then it work correctly with cron

export DISPLAY=:0
export SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh

Actually, I don't know exactly what does this two envionment variables mean. 

Please let me know If anyone knows.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos