Can I download the code without source file?Like .hex file.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I download the code without source file?Like .hex file.

Jump to solution
wuxiesi
Contributor I

I program with S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.2. Now I want to program the ship without source file,just like the file .hex of Keil?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Could you be more specific about the debug interface you are using? (Segger/Pemirco Multilink/OpenSDA..)

I'd recommend you to install the latest version v1.3 : 

S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.3 (Windows/Linux) released! 

The latest version includes flash configuration that you can use to program your elf/s-record to the MCU.

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

With OpenSDA interface you can program your binary s-record file by drag&drop the file to the mass storage that appears when the board is plugged into USB socket.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps,

Stan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wuxiesi
Contributor I

Thanks for your help.I found the way to solve the problem in Help Contents,as your method.

the error may be caused by  lost the GDB Client Settings,when I add the gdb.exe path,it is gone.

Thanks again.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
wuxiesi
Contributor I

Thanks for your informations.I use Pemirco Multilink debug.

I have installed the lasted version v1.3,and follow your step.However,I can't find any file ending in '.srec'  in my project library.So, what should I do to creat a '.stec' file?

Also ,I try to execute the '.elf' file,and I will get a error like this:pastedImage_1.png

Can you explain more clearly?

So grateful!

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

to get srec file you need to enable it in project properties.

Right click on your project name -> properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings  

s32ds_2017-04-27_10-31-01.png

You can find srec file inside Debug/Release directory (depends on your configuration). 

In which step you get the error message? During upload the elf file into MCU? 

Jiri

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Could you be more specific about the debug interface you are using? (Segger/Pemirco Multilink/OpenSDA..)

I'd recommend you to install the latest version v1.3 : 

S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.3 (Windows/Linux) released! 

The latest version includes flash configuration that you can use to program your elf/s-record to the MCU.

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

With OpenSDA interface you can program your binary s-record file by drag&drop the file to the mass storage that appears when the board is plugged into USB socket.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps,

Stan

0 Kudos