S32DS for Vision: Getting Started - APEX2 Graph Tool Tutorial

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This tutorial walks a user through the steps to create a new application for the S32V234 MCU using S32DS for Vision and the built in APEX2 Visual Graph tool. The completed application will take a PNG image, upscale and downscale it using APEX engines and return the processed images.

Prerequisites:

• Some knowledge of the S32V234 System on a Chip (SoC)
  • Have an understanding of the APEX architecture and APEX Core Framework (ACF)
    • Refer to UG-10267-03-14-ACF_User_Guide.pdf to learn about ACF
      • Path: s32ds_installation_directory\S32DS\s32v234_sdk\docs\apex\acf
  • Be familiar with the NXP Vision SDK software
pastedImage_1.png

Looking for Interactive Tutorial?

Attachments
Comments

Hi Mike,

I have a question for make a new Kernel for APEX Graph on S32DS.
In your documentation, there are 3 options available in APEX Graph Tool:
    1. APEX2 Kernel Project
    2. APEX2 Graph Project
    3. APEX2 Program Project
However, there are only introduction for APEX2 Graph / Program Project, but not APEX2 Kernel Project.

1. I would like to know how to add a custom Kernels. Is there any tutorials?
2. Our customer saw there are some Kernels under s32v234_sdk directory:
        \nxp\S32DS_Vision_v2.0\S32DS\s32v234_sdk\kernels\apu\

kernels_in_sdk.png
Are these Kernels avalible to use? If yes, how can I use them in my APEX2 Graph Project? e.g. apexcv_pro_lkpyramid

Thanks and Regards,
Wayne Kuo

Hi Wayne,

1. We do not currently have any tutorials for adding custom kernels. There are some instructions in the S32 Design Studio for Vision Reference Manual. Please see the sections:

(1) S32 Design Studio for Vision, Version 2.0 > Reference Manual > Visual Development with Visual Graph Tools > Programming APEX2 with Visual Graph Tools > Tasks > Creating a new APEX2 Kernel

(2) S32 Design Studio for Vision, Version 2.0 > Reference Manual > Visual Development with Visual Graph Tools > Programming APEX2 with Visual Graph Tools > Tasks > Adding Code to Custom APEX2 Kernel

This should provide a good starting point.

2. The kernels you identified are part of the Vision SDK. These can be used within a S32DS for Vision Application Project, but you will need to be sure to add the correct Contributed SDK as shown in:  S32 Design Studio for Vision, Version 2.0 > Reference Manual > Working with SDKs > Selecting SDK in New S32DS Project wizard.

There are examples of projects using kernels from this library in: C:\NXP\S32DS_Vision_v2.0\S32DS\s32v234_sdk\demos. However, while these examples are not S32 Design Studio projects, they do show how the kernel could be used within a project and the methods would be similar for S32 Design Studio. For now, the APEX CV libraries are not supported within the Visual Graph Tool of S32 Design Studio

Please let me know if there are any further questions,

Mike

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎09-18-2017 06:48 AM
Updated by: