Using the S12ZVC demo board as debugger

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the S12ZVC demo board as debugger

fabryrally
Contributor I

I know is probably a silly question, but i have the demo board for the S12 ZVC, the MC9S12ZVC, and i just finish to assembly my testing pcb. i was wandering if i can use the board to flash and debug my own board. 

The board have the debuggeron it, and so the BDM ( jumper J34) and the OS_Debug (J43) connector.

Can someone give me some advice? Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Theoretically you can use the OSBDM which is on the demo board and route it to the MCU on your board, but you have to make sure that both MCUs will not interfere. I’m not sure how to do it, unless you want to dump the 12ZVC from demo board.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

fabryrally
Contributor I

Yes i think the same, i was look at the schematics, and probably just removing in some way the power to the micro onboard will be enough?

http://www.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/schematics/VLG-MC9S12ZVC-SCH.pdf 

at page 7 there is the debugger and i think the jumper J5 will be enough to don't power the board. the debugger will have power from the Usb. Do you think that might work?

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It seems to be rather complicated. The board has two MCUs and you can debug both of them. BDM (J34) is for S12ZVC and OS_DEBUG (J43) is for debugging the S08JM60. So, you will need to make a new connection for your board and then try if it works. Also, I’m not sure if the S08JM60 checks whether the S12ZVC is supplied or not.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

aaronlee
Contributor V

You can refer About programming type (OSBDM ? Writer ?) 

I think no way to using DEMO BOARD to debugging your board.

0 Kudos

aaronlee
Contributor V

You need a Programmer and Debugger.

I use  PEmicroMultilink Universal.

0 Kudos

fabryrally
Contributor I

Yes i have the same, but i was thinking that the demo board have a debugger on board, and the OSBDM connector that might be used

0 Kudos