cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN No Header & LIN Header only No Data

Jump to solution
itsnewforme
Contributor IV

Hi, I'm using NXP Lin stack for S12ZVML64 as Slave.

I want to ask few things about LIN No Header & LIN Header only No Data.

1. I'm having my ECU in running mode but I'm not transmitting any Header from CANoe. In such case how can I show this on CANoe

2. I'm only transmitting Header and no Data from CANoe in such case how does the Slave responds to it and how can I show this on CANoe.

Thanks in advance

Abhijit.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf78987
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi itsnewforme,

1. When we say that we are sending only header from CANoe with no Response. Is that simply means that our ECU(Slave) is off and only CANoe is running?

=> This means is Slaves existed on the bus and no response or the slave doesn't exist on the bus.

2. The Master(CANoe) sends the header and Response is either sent by Master or Slave.

=> I have a note: when the Master(CANoe) is master then there is no other master on the bus.

Best regards,

Dan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
itsnewforme
Contributor IV

Thank you so much @nxf78987 . I just want to confirm one thing. 

When we say that we are sending only header from CANoe with no Response. Is that simply means that our ECU(Slave) is off and only CANoe is running. Because  as per the understanding the Master(CANoe) sends the header and Response is either sent by Master or Slave.

Thanks you so much once again for helping with the canoe_test.zip

0 Kudos
nxf78987
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi itsnewforme,

1. When we say that we are sending only header from CANoe with no Response. Is that simply means that our ECU(Slave) is off and only CANoe is running?

=> This means is Slaves existed on the bus and no response or the slave doesn't exist on the bus.

2. The Master(CANoe) sends the header and Response is either sent by Master or Slave.

=> I have a note: when the Master(CANoe) is master then there is no other master on the bus.

Best regards,

Dan

itsnewforme
Contributor IV
Okay understood now. Thank you so much for your quick response
0 Kudos
nxf78987
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi itsnewforme,

In the case of using the CANoe, we need setup a CANoe configuration as a master for the test. And then, they can trace all the frames that transmitted on the bus in the trace window.
To make it easy to understand, I have a example about CANoe configuration.
  1. In this case no frame is transmitted on the bus.
nxf78987_0-1672993439934.png

1. In this case CANoe sends 2 headers(Break, Sync, PID) on the bus. And then the slave just sends the response with the header containing the PID as its publisher.
nxf78987_1-1672993439936.png

Best regards,

Dan

itsnewforme
Contributor IV

How did you created the second condition where Master sends a header with no Response ?

Thanks in advance 

Regards

Abhijit.

0 Kudos
nxf78987
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi itsnewforme,

This is an example of CANoe's configuration(Attached) that has been used to test.

In this configuration, please see into CANoeTest.can. You can call UserSendheaderNoResponse() function to send a header with no response.
These is the frames that have been sent on the bus:
nxf78987_0-1673326169500.png

Best regards,

Dan