Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCS12 Supply Problems

sjmelnikoff
Contributor III
Hi all.

In the last day or two, we've been told by our supplier that due to an
alleged fab problem, HSC12-family devices now have a 22-week lead time.

Does anyone have any more information about this?

Cheers,

Steve Melnikoff.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

mke_et
Contributor IV
Just when I was getting the warm and fuzzies...

First we were told by our supplier that the 9S12DP256B was disappearing.  Then it's coming back, but as a 'suffix C' part that is RHOS compliant.

Now we're being told yep,  the 9S12DPxxx part is indeed coming back, but NOT in 256 versions.  The vendor is telling us we may have to go to a 512 part.  (I wonder, maybe it's just that the 512 part will be the first pushed out the door?)

So...  Is there any place we can get the straight scoop on this.  We only take about 100 of the parts a year, but the project is a 'parallel' project to our 9S12DG128 project which we DO take 4 digits in parts of per year.  That project is tied to that part mostly for the 80-pin package and we do use all of the 128 memory. 

However, the project with the 9S12DP256B part is tied intimately to the 112-pin part (we use just about every single pin) although we use only about 16K of the flash (and none of the EEPROM) and that is it (although we use a hefty chunk of the SRAM). 

Mike Yetsko

0 Kudos

kevin
Contributor I
>Now we're being told yep,  the 9S12DPxxx part is indeed coming back, but NOT >in 256 versions.  The vendor is telling us we may have to go to a 512 part.  (I >wonder, maybe it's just that the 512 part will be the first pushed out the door?)

We have also been told that the DP512 is the only version being made RoHS compliant.  The DP256B will stick around (for quite some time I imagine) but in a leaded version.

0 Kudos

mke_et
Contributor IV
It's funny...  Well, not really funny...

Our local rep is making noises that the 9S12DP256 is being discontinued...    (In the big package)

But then we heard elsewhere from a totally unsubstatiated source, that the part isn't being discontinued, but that there may be supply issues as stuff is converted over to RHOS (I KNOW I butchered that!) compliance.

Will it just be a delay, os is the part actually going away?
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II

Yo Mike,

No, I don't see the S12DP256 going away so easily.
I've seen that the website has a "technical glitch" (recurrent theme ???:smileyvery-happy: ) and put many many parts as End Of Life.

It is indeed because the Part Number is changing to be certain we can differentiate ROHS part from those which are not. We all have to be compliant very soon !

Cheers,
Alban.

0 Kudos

RChapman
Contributor I

Hi,

Lead-times vary due to many factors such as product line, product type etc.  If you're looking for specific lead-times for your products we suggest contacting your local Freescale rep

Thanks.

0 Kudos

sjmelnikoff
Contributor III

That's where we obtained this information in the first place!

The factor in this case was apparently a serious problem at a TSMC fab. I've had an unconfirmed report that the issue has been resolved, but would appreciate some certainty in this matter.

Steve Melnikoff.

0 Kudos