How to support push button like functionality?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to support push button like functionality?

mrharmonsr
Contributor III

I want to build a garage door opener using a Click relay board.

From the RapidIot module I want to use a side push button to control the relay.

I thought I could get a trigger when the button was pressed and could close the relay and another trigger when the user button was released which would re-open the relay.

But the user buttons don't support the released trigger!

I also wonder about an interface from a phone or web app.  Is there a user interface component which could simulate the Close / Open functionality of a good old fashioned push button?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

mrharmonsr
Contributor III

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I was referring to the push buttons not the touch controller buttons.

However I've delved into the code enough to see that I can extend the interface to include "button released" triggers.

Seems like a bit of work spanning several layers of embedded code.  But I can see its doable.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Larry, 

I am not sure if I solved your issue.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mrharmonsr
Contributor III

After more research I've found that the Application API does support both "pressed" and "released" triggers.

Additionally the basic "button" element also supports a "released" trigger.

I assumed that the RapidIoT "User Buttons" would have been built upon the basic "Button" element and I was wrong!

Is there a good reason the "User Buttons" element does not provide released triggers?

Is there a way to create an fully compatible "User Buttons" element alternative that does support the released triggers?

Is there a concept of a combined element that contains two or more basic elements?  User Buttons = 4 buttons

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Larry,

You could add that specific condition in the code editor, or in the MCUxpresso downloading the complete project. Implement a software timer that gets the button value and if it changes again you could create an event.

Is there a concept of a combined element that contains two or more basic elements?  User Buttons = 4 buttons.

The X9500 Touch Controls the 4 buttons, did you see the triggers section in the rapid IoT Studio

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos