Unable to start debug session: Error- Processor configured as DPM/LSM opposite of the project settings.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start debug session: Error- Processor configured as DPM/LSM opposite of the project settings.

Jump to solution
girishraobulusu
Contributor II

Hi ,

I am working with the MPC5675K evaluation board and the development environment is Codewarrior 10.5.

I have successfully been able t download the code onto the target earlier. The codes were in LSM and DPM configurations and have not faced any issue. However since yesterday there seems to be a problem with doing the same.

I am trying to flash a simple Bareboard C project that is given as a startup code within codewarrior in DPM mode and i get the following error message.

Error launching Test_MPC5675K_DPM_FLASH_PnE USB-ML-PPCNEXUS

EPPC GDI protocol error: Failed to configure target. Processor configured as DPM/LSM opposite of the project settings.

There are no debug logs, since this is failing at the very first step.

I am also attaching the expert diagnostics file generated by Codewarrior.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Girish Rao Bulusu

Original Attachment has been moved to: 201312261433_DiagnosticInfo.zip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
girishraobulusu
Contributor II

Hi,

I had a word with an engineer from Freescale regarding this issue, and it turns out that the Shadow Flash block which contains censorship word got corrupted. The only way to fix the problem according to them was to replace the board altogether.

So then my department did go ahead and order a new board.

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news. Hope you find a work around and do let us know.

Regards,

Girish Rao Bulusu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
arun_mohanraj
Contributor II

Girish,

I am facing the same issue that you have reported. Have you been able to solve the issue, if so how.

thanks a ton.

0 Kudos
girishraobulusu
Contributor II

Hi,

I had a word with an engineer from Freescale regarding this issue, and it turns out that the Shadow Flash block which contains censorship word got corrupted. The only way to fix the problem according to them was to replace the board altogether.

So then my department did go ahead and order a new board.

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news. Hope you find a work around and do let us know.

Regards,

Girish Rao Bulusu

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rao,

Have you erased/programmed the Shadow flash region? If you e.g. erased the shadow flash you might switch the MCU mode into LSM.

Therefore I'd first recommend you to make sure your bareboard project match with MCU mode (DPM or LSM).

In case both project and MCU are set to LSM mode and you accidentally enabled initialization of both cores (see attached screenshot) this error can occur as well.

CW10_5_MCU_LSM_Debug_config.png

FYI: the device mode is tested and printed into console view during TCL script execution. You will probably have to select the correct console since there are several different consoles running simultaneously.

CW10_5_MCU_mode.png

Hope it helps.

Stan