Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QCVS (PA) Installation

Jump to solution
ralftruebenbach
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to install the QorIQ Configuration and Validation Suite (for PowerPC T2080).

1) In QCVS_Install_Guide.pdf there is an all-in-one installer mentioned but at http://www.freescale.com/qcvs I can only find the offline installation packages for eclipse. Is the all-in-one installer still available?

2) I installed CodeWarrior for Power Architecture 10.5.1. But there is no "QorIQ Configuration Project" in File > New > (only CodeWarrior...ProjectWizard). Did I something wrong during the installation or do I have to install something else?
I also recognised that the "Available Software Sites" are quite empty (only 2 locations from eclipse.org). So I cannot update. Is there an update site for code warrior I can add?

3) I also tried to install the QCVS over my eclipse (online and offline) as described in "3.2 Installation over Eclipse" ending up with the error below. I think this is because my eclipse version 4.4 (Luna) is > 4.2?

An error occurred while installing the items
session context was:(profile=epp.package.cpp, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]com.freescale.qcvs.feature_root 4.5.0.0001-20160210, action=com.freescale.updater.customactions.actions.FreescaleProcessCheck).
org/eclipse/core/runtime/adaptor/LocationManager
org/eclipse/core/runtime/adaptor/LocationManager

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ralftruebenbach
Contributor III

2) I reinstalled "CodeWarrior for Power Architecture 10.5.1". This time I can see Freescale related update sites in "Available Software Sites" and installing the offline QCVS packages works (did not work with last installation).

3) I think that's what I did. Eclipse lists "FSL Eclipse Updater Custom Actions Feature for Eclipse 3.7 and 4.2.x..." at installed Software. But I don't care anymore since 2) worked. I didn't try with a fresh Eclipse 4.2 installation (most likely that would work, too).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1) No,

2) It is possible to install the QCVS from the offline installation packages for CodeWarrior:

https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?element=6979427 

3) The installation of QCVS relies on a Freescale Eclipse updater feature. This feature is not part of Eclipse stock distributions, but is bundled with CodeWarrior. For this reason, the installation of QCVS over an Eclipse other than CodeWarrior requires that you first install the Eclipse Updater feature:

Submit Form 

0 Kudos
ralftruebenbach
Contributor III

2) I reinstalled "CodeWarrior for Power Architecture 10.5.1". This time I can see Freescale related update sites in "Available Software Sites" and installing the offline QCVS packages works (did not work with last installation).

3) I think that's what I did. Eclipse lists "FSL Eclipse Updater Custom Actions Feature for Eclipse 3.7 and 4.2.x..." at installed Software. But I don't care anymore since 2) worked. I didn't try with a fresh Eclipse 4.2 installation (most likely that would work, too).

0 Kudos