Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with accessing PHYs on T1042D4RDB

Jump to solution
arnoreinshagen
Contributor I

Hi,
I'm working with the T1042D4RDB evaluation board with the original configuration (SRDS_PRTCL_S1: 0x86).
According to the board reference manual, the 5 PHYs are attached to EMI1 with PHY_ADDR 0x01..0x05.
My question now is: through which registers in the CCSR the PHYs on EMI1 are accessible?
I tried MDIO_CTL and MDIO_DATA on all 5 EMACs, using Clause 22, but I got no response by any PHY. However, the bit MDIO_RD_ER is not set.
Can anyone give me a hint?

Kind regards,
Arno

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The T1042 FMan has dedicated MDIO control for external PHY management accessible at FMan MDIO address space (0xF_C000). The T1040 reference manual rev.1 mentions that, see f.e. note 2 on page 1728.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The T1042 FMan has dedicated MDIO control for external PHY management accessible at FMan MDIO address space (0xF_C000). The T1040 reference manual rev.1 mentions that, see f.e. note 2 on page 1728.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos