Linux DPAA driver lacks receive TCP/IP checksum offload

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux DPAA driver lacks receive TCP/IP checksum offload

sebastianhuber
Contributor II

There is no receive TCP/IP checksum offload implemented in the latest DPAA network interface driver for Linux, e.g. git://git.freescale.com/ppc/upstream/linux.git:

grep -r CHECKSUM_ drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa/

drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa/dpaa_eth_common.c:  if (skb->ip_summed != CHECKSUM_PARTIAL)

drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa/dpaa_eth_sg.c: skb->ip_summed = CHECKSUM_NONE;

drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa/dpaa_eth_sg.c: skb->ip_summed = CHECKSUM_NONE;

Is this the right repository? Is there already an NXP Git repository location?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sebastian Huber,

I checked DPAA related source code in the latest SDK 2.0 release, it seems the attached driver files are very different from yours.

Please try you could access this link http://sw-stash.freescale.net/projects/SDK/repos/linux-sdk2.0/browse .

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sebastianhuber
Contributor II

Thanks for your information, however, the specified link is dead.

The attached sources are rather old and the Linux driver of the repository mentioned in my original posting is much newer. It lacks also the receive TCP/IP checksum offload.

Where can I find the latest Linux sources for the QorIQ platform after the NXP takeover of Freescale? What are the plans with respect to pushing the Linux support into the mainline kernel?

0 Kudos