cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProcessorExpert demos

oaf
Contributor IV

Hi,

I really don't understand the strategy Freescale is following regarding Kinetis, KSD and KSDK.

I've used CodeWarrior for a long time, and I remember that Freescale bought the ProcessorExpert company some years ago.

Now we've moved on to ARM, and after a project running a uC from ST we are back at freescale, and I was quite happy to

see that PEx had moved on, and I looked forward to use it.

What a disapointment :smileycry:

Regardless what I want to do, all examples are with bare-metal MQX. No examples (at least for FRDM-K64F) are using PEx.

In a number of cases we are not able to get the PEx to work, and fall back to copy code from a sample into our project

and skipping PEx for this particular device.

I thought that the reason for Freescale to aquire PEx was to be competetive amon other Cortex uC suppliers, but as it seems

I wonder if I have misunderstood something.

I'm disappointed and frustrated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ole,

we have some PEx KSDK examples under GCC,

they are located

C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Repositories\KSDK120_Repository\Projects\Kinetis\Processor_Expert_SDK\FRDM-K64F120M\GCC

there are examples for ADC, GPIO, PIT, RTC, RTC and UART.

or you can find some examples on Community, which are created individually.

DAC Sinus Demo (using PEx + KSDK 1.2 + KDS 3.0)

Video Link : 3195

Best Regards,

Iva

oaf
Contributor IV

Hi,

OK, since the whole KSDK is organized around the boards I've missed the examples from deep down in the eclipse directory, maybe a readme file or a link from the C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f, (where I got inspiration from) would be an idea?

But even if you have some demo's what I miss is how to use the new complex drivers:

1. fsl_edma -> how to make a DMA controlled I/O device

2. fsl_enet -> a network project with PEx

3. fsl_usb -> a USB project, also with composite device

4. how to manage power, running fast for a while, sleep and wake up....

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ole,

I´m  very sorry for my late response.

To complete what Mark said:

To your points:

1) we have examples for fsl_edma we have demo demo dspi_edma_blocking, dspi_edma_non_blocking, edma, uart_dma_blocking and edma and uart_dma_non_blocking located under drivers_examples

2) fsl_enet - we do not have the example with PEx

3) fsl_usb - we have example cdc_serial example located C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\usb\host\cdc\cdc_serial or virtual_com located C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\usb\device\cdc\virtual_com

4) we have demo power_manager_hal_demo and power_manager_rtos_demo located at C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps

Unfortunately, all these examples are without PEx.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The Kinetis Design Studio 3.0.0 provides the Processor Expert Kinetis SDK USB Stack that is based on Kinetis SDK. You can use USB HID and MSD class components.

For example, open the help of the fsl_usb_framework component, select the General Info page and open the USB stack Processor Expert integration documentation by using the link. The Processor Expert Kinetis SDK USB Stack Integration User Guide is open. There are available instructions how to use USB components and how to create a demo application.

See also New USB integration (Kinetis SDK) in Processor Expert - there is also attached the USB stack PEx integration guide.

How to create a low power demo application (in PEx and Kinetis SDK) is described in the document Low power demo application on FRDM-KL03Z board with KSDK 1.1.0

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos