cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert Support for K66

PeterFromSweden
Contributor III

Hi

I have been using the standalone version of processor expert (Driver Suite 10.4) together with K64 MCU. Now I got a K66 on my desk and find that it is not yet supported?!?

It seems like Kinetis Design Studio 3.0.0 supports K66, but there is a new concept "repository" introduced where the old style of LDD is replaced with KSDK DRV interface. So is there an upgrade path for me? It looks like I have to do a whole lot changes when just shifting MCU from K64 to K66 and they are more or less compatible. It would be less work to just handcode differences than shifting to new "repository" and all processor expert interface changes.

Any suggestions on upgrade path?

Regards

/Peter

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter,

there is a support for MK66FN2M0VLQ18, MK66FN2M0VMD18, MK66FX1M0VLQ18 and MK66FX1M0VMD18.

You need Eclipse Update to see K66 in option.

Please, follow these steps FRDM-KL43Z and KL33Z - standalone package  chapter Eclipse Update.

Have you installed update from C:\Freescale\KSDK1.2.0_KL33Z_1.0.0\tools\eclipse_update ?

After installation you will see in KDS

KDS.png

KDS2.png

I hope it helps you,

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

PeterFromSweden
Contributor III

I am sorry Iva, but you did not get my question. I knew all you wrote already. My question is regarding upgrade path K64 to K66, not how to make a K66 processor expert project from scratch.

I have a K64 project with old repository / logical device drivers "LDD's". There code is written against that interface. K66 supports only KSDK repository with SDK device drivers. The problem is when I just change CPU component from K64 to K66 there are tons of error messages that LDD components are not supported. Creating K66 from scratch is fine but usage of new repository is very timeconsuming.

Conclusion is that although K66 and K64 are very similar, upgrading is much harder than expected. The whole purpose of ease of use setting up kinetis with processor expert is lost!

Regards

/Peter

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

yes, unfortunately the Kinetis SDK API is so different, that neither the standard Embedded Components nor the LDD components work with the Kinetis SDK.

Erich

0 Kudos